Thread: Dog Movies

Smile Dog Movies

Does any movies staring or co-staring dogs make your list?

I would say Disney’s 1987 Benji The Hunted probably is one of my favorite dog movie. The story line is great (Benji have to take care of orphaned Cougar cubs) so as cinematography. And choreography which the dog and cubs interact with each other and surrounding is amazing.

Last edited by Smokey; 06-06-2010 at 06:30 PM.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Snow Dogs is my personal favorite with Eight Below following close to that. 102 Dalmations with Glen Close is crazy funny and very good as well. But who can forget that syrupy classic The Lady and the Tramp.

Okay, they're all Disney movies, can you blame me?
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

You might as well add Iron Will to your list also Disneyguy

I enjoyed Eight Below more than Dalmations. Glenn Close just did not click for me in that movie. Haven't seen the Snow Dogs yet.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I can't think of a dog movie that doesn't make me wince. I'm going all the way back to Lassie, up through the retarded looking Marmaduke.

OK, Old Yeller was good, but the rest...lazy, schmaltzy pap. In fact all animal based movies are, but especially talking animal dreck like those put out a few years back...can't remember the name, Sally Fields voiced the cat, Tony Danza voiced a dog, then there was a golden setter and they get lost and have to circumnavigate the globe or whatever.

The animated features are a little more tolerable, because the animal characitures are easier to relate to, but live dogs who are always lookibg off-camera for cues drive me nuts. Lady And The Tramp is a good movie, but those All Dogs Eat Catshit movies blew chunks.

Benji raising cougar kittens? awe Smokes, delete this this thread and start over...I won't tell a soul.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    IOK, Old Yeller was good, but the rest...lazy, schmaltzy pap. In fact all animal based movies are, but especially talking animal dreck like those put out a few years back...can't remember the name, Sally Fields voiced the cat, Tony Danza voiced a dog, then there was a golden setter and they get lost and have to circumnavigate the globe or whatever.
    You're not talking about Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, are you? because
    voices for two dogs were Don Ameche and Micheal J. Fox, not Tony Danza.

That was pretty decent movie, although as you said, most [live action] talking animal flix tend to cater to younger audience. I am glad they did not make Benji a talkin dog in The Hunted, or whole movie would have been ruined.

Thumbs up Eight Below

ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN TO SEE... EIGHT BELOW
    well that was just for fun!! but seriously when it comes to the animal survival movies (Eight Below is the clincher for me)..... (something always gets in my eyes watching this movie)
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I can't think of a dog movie that doesn't make me wince. I'm going all the way back to Lassie, up through the retarded looking Marmaduke.

OK, Old Yeller was good, but the rest...lazy, schmaltzy pap. In fact all animal based movies are, but especially talking animal dreck like those put out a few years back...can't remember the name, Sally Fields voiced the cat, Tony Danza voiced a dog, then there was a golden setter and they get lost and have to circumnavigate the globe or whatever.

The animated features are a little more tolerable, because the animal characitures are easier to relate to, but live dogs who are always lookibg off-camera for cues drive me nuts. Lady And The Tramp is a good movie, but those All Dogs Eat Catshit movies blew chunks.

Benji raising cougar kittens? awe Smokes, delete this this thread and start over...I won't tell a soul.
    Man, you sure are a cheery dog loving soul.....
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Man, you sure are a cheery dog loving soul.....
    Love dogs and cats, but they can't act for crap

I'll throw in Biscuit Eater - what a rough movie that was for a kid, But that reminds me, I think for a dog movie to be considered great, a mutt or two has to die. (prolly just me)

Or how 'bout Fox And The Hound...hey, why is the guy who don't like dog movies coming up with all the good ones?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Thread Information