No thanks to second viewing

These are the movies I have seen in last few months that really don't care to see again...even if they pay me.

King Kong: Beside being too long, the CGI look kind of fake and there is too much of it.

Norbit: This is probably one of Eddie's Murphy worst movie. Being fat can be funny, but not being mean

Heat: First rate crime drama injected with lousy romance scenes that don't belong there.

Spiderman 3: They say third time is a charmer. But no in this case.

Transformers: This movie is headache city.

Please feel free to add to this list

Suspended
    I'm surprised you don't like Heat, that's one I have in my collection. I love the scene where Pachino comes in and there's a guy with his wife, he tells the guy you can do this & that but you aren't watching my "beep" TV, he unplugs it and throws it in the car and takes off.

Spiderman 3 wasn't great but if you didn't like that one forget the rest as well. I think I'm the only person on the forum who likes Transformers. It's just fun light entertainment that gives the surround sound a workout.

I thought the remake of Planet Of The Apes was a waste.
    I recently tried to watch The Other Guys and couldn't get into it.
    The Box is pretty bad. A list of bad movies could get pretty long

Thanks Mr P

If you look at Heat running time, it is running at about 3 hours. I bet if they trimmed it down to 2 hours the movie would have been much tighter. But ofcourse they could'nt have done with grocery store paperback novel romance story. And probably the same thing with Spiderman 3.

Agree with you though with Planet of Apes.

Suspended
    Smokey, have you seen Austrailia? For some reason I overlooked this movie until coming to the movie channels, when I watched it I found it to be a good movie. It is another very lengthy movie though. At one point I thought the movie was over, it was at a great spot to end but it kept going. It has a good story.

Suspended
    I couldn't get through a half hour of Scouts Honor

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I agree Smokes, Tansformers was headache inducing. And no, we don't need a Spiderman 4.

I find it hard to watch The Fantastic Four. Casting was ok, though I didn't buy Jessica Alba at all. I figured a F4 woulda been a slam dunk, but they managed to make something rather gutless. One thing is for sure, Marvel needs to be in charge of Marvel.

The Box could have been a great movie with a better director. It was already a good story, but the director got carried away with himself, not knowing which direction to head; secret government agency or uber-spiritual mix-n-match. Problem is, this movies attempts both and you end up thinking about two-thirds through, "whats this movie about again?"
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I want to see Hangover 2 like I'd want to see Napolean Dynamite 2, in other words, no. One of those movies you get talked into going to see and you leave feeling like you just got scammed by a carnival game. And in front of a date too.

I'll never ever live down renting King Kong Lives! What a piece of **** of a movie.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Transformers is a guilty pleasure, and I really liked the action. Forget the story line, the movie was not made for that.

King Kong did have a lot of CGI, but the DVD platform does not do it much justice. Not enough bits in the system to accurately render the images.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Thanks hyfi and 3LB

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    King Kong did have a lot of CGI, but the DVD platform does not do it much justice. Not enough bits in the system to accurately render the images.
    I must admit that PQ on King Kong DVD is probably the best I have seen, especially in the city scenes. But the jungle scenes looks too fake. Maybe if Jack Black got squashed by a running Dinosaurs, the film would have been more tolerable to watch

Thread Information