Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Yeah, I caught that comment from Hurley too. It also made me wonder.

Go to this site http://www.lostlinks.net/ and click on the One Of Them link under "Next On Lost". It will show the trailer for next week's episode. When you see the person that's captured... a face though the net...I think it's Desmond! Watch the link closely and tell me what you think.

Edit: Screen caps from another site. Definately looks like Desmond to me.

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x14/preview03.jpg
    http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x14/preview01.jpg

Edit2: I just read on another site that the waitress in the restaurant where Sawyer and his partner met, was Kate's mom. Another pre-crash link.
    fa - crud, am trying to remember, but i dont think that's desmond. racking my brain, but its not af ace i recognize from the series yet, although its tough to keep track since even the supposed 'extras' in the background of the flashbacks are actually main characters! i totally missed the kate's mom connection, i have to rewatch all of season 1 now. have only rewatched the first 4 episodes.

ts - i also caught that 'what time' comment from hurley! gave me a little chill! now... there should be tons of info they can glean from that radio broadcast, seeing as it was also a talkie broadcast and the host would give SOME clue as to what time/where it was being broadcast from. did anyone catch the call sign of the station? i thought i heard WXL...?
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    fa - crud, am trying to remember, but i dont think that's desmond. racking my brain, but its not af ace i recognize from the series yet, although its tough to keep track since even the supposed 'extras' in the background of the flashbacks are actually main characters! i totally missed the kate's mom connection, i have to rewatch all of season 1 now. have only rewatched the first 4 episodes.

ts - i also caught that 'what time' comment from hurley! gave me a little chill! now... there should be tons of info they can glean from that radio broadcast, seeing as it was also a talkie broadcast and the host would give SOME clue as to what time/where it was being broadcast from. did anyone catch the call sign of the station? i thought i heard WXL...?
    Amazing how clear the signal came in AFTER the call letters were finished. We were only meant to hear part of them.
    I like how they like to give us clues that lead us in wrong dirrection. We can almost count on that. Anything we are thinking is because they (the writers) want us to think that way, to lead us down the wrong path again.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I had the volume turned up pretty loud and couldn't really make out what was being said. I've got it Tivo'd, so I'll try to see if I can glean any info.

I don't think that's Desmond. This guy looks a lot older to me and besides, if anyone is going to be going after Desmond, it would be Jack, not Sayid. To be honest, I originally thought it looked a lot like the Tailie that was stuck in the airline seat in the tree. Whats-her-face's husband. With the screen caps tho, I don't think it is.

Anybody else wonder how Analucia and Jack's relationship is going to be now that he's accused her of basically beating Sun? Man, Jack lost out on Kate and now has pissed off Analucia. Who's next? Claire?

Next week looks freakin' awesome! Not only do we get some info about The Others, we'll also see what happens when that stupid clock hits "0"!!! Yeah Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Anybody else wonder how Analucia and Jack's relationship is going to be now that he's accused her of basically beating Sun? Man, Jack lost out on Kate and now has pissed off Analucia. Who's next? Claire?
    She may be used to people accusing her of things. But, yes, I wonder the same. Jack seems to be losing all the girls. My guess, that is what they want us to think. Kate seems hot for Mr badboy. So it must be wrong. It's too easy.

Next week looks freakin' awesome! Not only do we get some info about The Others, we'll also see what happens when that stupid clock hits "0"!!! Yeah Baby!!!
    Looks that way. But I still think that nothing is as it seems. The more they lead us down a path the more it must be the wrong path. My guess is that the clock hits "0" just in time for the show to end. Answers next week. Or if not, then nothing will happen at first. We won't see the outcome for many weeks down the road. Just MO.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

You're probably right, GM. Anybody else remember how they duped us with the trailer showing Jin speaking english...only to find out it was Hurley's dream sequence?

That just sucked.

Kam
    if the clock hitting "0" is someone's dream sequence.... then heads will fly!!!!

what seems to be happening to, which i've now noticed over the course of this season, are people are settling in to/ or struggling against who they really are. this was really hammered home with last nights episode with sawyer and especially his line to kate, "I con, you run." its almost as if everyone can be summed up in 3 words or less and they either fight against their nature or become one with it.
    sawyer - i con
    kate - she runs
    jack - he saves
    locke - he believes
    ecko - he believes too... (but in a different way) etc. etc.

bernard! that';s rose's husbands name, and i dont think its him either, defn (seemingly) someone new. and where the heck is that arrow coming from? someone been hiding a compound bow on the island? how'd that get on the plane? UNLESS... that dude was chased out by the Others, he's an outcast from their group and stumbled upon our losties.

i think kate is seeing in to sawyer, not sure if she's falling for him any more, but sees this self-loathing thing he has going on. that for sawyer's redemption of himself, he cant have anyone like him, he must be hated in order to feel that he is 'right' with the world, that people see him for being despicable for what he has done in the past. or... eh, maybe he just likes the con.

personally, i think jack and locke should hunker down with sawyer and say, hey, look you obviously know how to con anyone out of anything, so lets work a loooong con on the Others. Plan it out scruffy, here's your chance for the con of a lifetime.

btw, sawyers nicknames for everyone are awesome.
    /create

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    if the clock hitting "0" is someone's dream sequence.... then heads will fly!!!!
    Go get 'em tiger!

and where the heck is that arrow coming from? someone been hiding a compound bow on the island? how'd that get on the plane? UNLESS... that dude was chased out by the Others, he's an outcast from their group and stumbled upon our losties.
    Here's a thought. What if he's a defector?! Someone from The Others who doesn't want to be part of them and sees the Lostaways as somewhere to escape to where he wouldn't have to survive on his own. Maybe they shot him to try to keep him from defecting. He's an outcast, but one of choice. And he doesn't "stumble" upon our losties, he seeks them out. Now we have our Russian and American coldwar happening on the island. We have two sides. We have spies (Ethan, Goodwin). We have a numbers station. We have a defector. We have weapons. Maybe Lost's statement will end up being a political one and not spiritual as everyone has come to assume.

i think kate is seeing in to sawyer, not sure if she's falling for him any more

Maybe Kate's not, but I still think he's a hotty.

Here's a thought. What if he's a defector?! Someone from The Others who doesn't want to be part of them and sees the Lostaways as somewhere to escape to where he wouldn't have to survive on his own. Maybe they shot him to try to keep him from defecting. He's an outcast, but one of choice. And he doesn't "stumble" upon our losties, he seeks them out. Now we have our Russian and American coldwar happening on the island. We have two sides. We have spies (Ethan, Goodwin). We have a numbers station. We have a defector. We have weapons. Maybe Lost's statement will end up being a political one and not spiritual as everyone has come to assume.
    Maybe he's a plant. A double agent shot to get sympathy from our losties. Someone to keep an eye on things to make sure no one starts an army.
    Maybe the others are the good guys. They only take the nice people to join their group. Everyone left seems to have at least some kind of problem or instability. But I see this as too easy of an answer. That's what they WANT me to think so it must not be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Maybe he's a plant.
    You mean like a cotton tree?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You mean like a cotton tree?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    uh.... uh....

So in my TV Guide it says that Rousseau leads Sayid to a strange captive and Sayid tries to determine if the captive is one of the others ... or something to that effect.

Rousseau? There was no Rousseau in the trailer. It'll be nice to see Danielle again. I like her character.

I'm willing to bet that there's a very logical explanation as to the existence of the captive and he's not one of the others. Why would Rousseau drag Sayid into this? She's been on the island long enough that she must also have some sort of agreement or relationship with the Others.

I guess we'll find out soon enough......or not.

Kam
    So in my TV Guide it says that Rousseau leads Sayid to a strange captive and Sayid tries to determine if the captive is one of the others ... or something to that effect.

Rousseau? There was no Rousseau in the trailer. It'll be nice to see Danielle again. I like her character.

I'm willing to bet that there's a very logical explanation as to the existence of the captive and he's not one of the others. Why would Rousseau drag Sayid into this? She's been on the island long enough that she must also have some sort of agreement or relationship with the Others.

I guess we'll find out soon enough......or not.
    now that was more like it! backstory... flashbacks... interesting developments and a TON of questions!!

so... the dude is an 'other' from that look he gave sayid at the end... we had some weird, what looked like egyptian heiroglyphics after the countdown hit 0.... BUT then reset anyway when locke put the #s in... after shaking the compound a little bit... AND... the trailer!!!!!

first (it said, "coming up on lost... not.. "next week" on lost.. are they having another rerun next week??????)
    second, not sure if you've been able to dl the trailer online FA, but the us version showed it will bea bout Claire and libby using her psychology stuff to get to the bottom of what happenned to claire for the two weeks she was kidnapped by the others, including what looked like (from her visions) an elaborate dharma station, which they go looking for... and FIND! the next dharma station!
    starting to pick up nicely... and interesting how people are starting to fall back into their "true selves" now more than ever.
    /create

I agree, another great episode. No trailer at all here. But I did go to my on-line trailer source and viewed it there. How much do you want to bet that it's another red herring and the dharma station is a result of hypnosis or something like that. They don't actually find it.

The site where I view the trailers, also has the trailers up for the Pilot, parts 1 & 2. I wonder if they're rerunning the pilots next week and a new ep in two weeks. The ABC site hasn't been updated yet. So we'll have to wait and see.

I'll go into the Lost-TV site tomorrow to see what is being said about the symbols after the clock counted down. It reminded me of a slot machine.

Now, I must go to sleep and dream lost dreams.

Oh one more thing. How did you like Sayid's mysterious comment to Charlie...."do you remember?"

Kam
    I agree, another great episode. No trailer at all here. But I did go to my on-line trailer source and viewed it there. How much do you want to bet that it's another red herring and the dharma station is a result of hypnosis or something like that. They don't actually find it.

The site where I view the trailers, also has the trailers up for the Pilot, parts 1 & 2. I wonder if they're rerunning the pilots next week and a new ep in two weeks. The ABC site hasn't been updated yet. So we'll have to wait and see.

I'll go into the Lost-TV site tomorrow to see what is being said about the symbols after the clock counted down. It reminded me of a slot machine.

Now, I must go to sleep and dream lost dreams.

Oh one more thing. How did you like Sayid's mysterious comment to Charlie...."do you remember?"
    i did notice that, and thought he was referring to charlie's own ordeal with the Others, even though (from what i remember) charlie said he saw nothing, and was just covered in the sack and then left hanging. still... an ordeal not to be forgotten i would imagine.

at my work, when we type in our passwords in Lotus notes, the symbols that show up are exactly the same as what was flipping on the counter in the bunker. if it follows the same coding principle, i bet those symbols correspond to letters, which means we have... what was it? 4 symbols that it clicked on? if anyone finds screenshots of them, let me know and i'll compare them to my password, can get at least five letters and 3 numbers id'd.

with claire, the shots of her in the blown out hallway with what looked like doctors or whatever could be parts of the hallucinations, but i think they do find another dharma station for real, what is inside it... am gonna take a stab at: my top three guesses for what is in dharma station #3:

1. it's Island-Disney! The precursor to Euro-Disney. And this entire island was ok-d by eisner before he was kicked off the board for being... well... extravagant (not to mention greenlighting 200mill for his kids directorial debut of sahara).

2. it's the genetic labratory section of the dharma initiative.

3. it's some other unfathomable thing that will just raise more holy heck questions and confound and confuse me even more!!!!!!

4. (just because) will contain another computer that does ANOTHER unknown task every 216 minutes!!
    /create

Here's the Glyphs and a possible translation.

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x14/glyphs.jpg

Here's something else very interesting that I thought I noticed last night, but was going to check the tape and confirm today before I mentioned it. When Sayid was in the helicopter with the American soldiers, one of them was looking at a photo. They showed the photo very quickly and I thought that it looked like Kate. I was going to go back and check the tape today. Here's a screen cap. This had to have been Kate's dad, who we know was in the Army. Another connection....

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x14/youngKate.jpg

Here's another interesting site which lists some of the questions and, when available, answers. As well as connections. There are some really interesting things here, such as...Locke's boss at the box company and Hurley's boss at the fast food place are played by the same actor and are both named Randy.

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php#027
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-16-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Uhm.. When did Delenn show up on the island? Where has she been? And will Bill Mummy be showing up too?

My wife caught Kate's picture immediately. Another very cool tie-in. Geez, can you imagine the flow chart for the Lost storyboard? 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon has got nothing on this show!

This was one of the best episodes of this season, by far. Was anybody else as pissed as I was at Jack? He needs to face reality and stop trying to save everybody. You know Sayid saw that look from the Other and probably wanted to cut his eyes out. I did! It will be interesting to see if Charlie tries to get a little payback, but I don't think he has the stones for that. Sawyer, on the other hand...

The trailer for next week, er...I mean whenever they decide to grace us with another new episode (what the hell does "coming up" mean, anyway?!?), wasn't as promising to me as last week's. You had to love the clock hitting "0" for sheer suspense. The Dharma door looked really cool, but am I the only one that is confused as to why two of the weakest Losties (Claire and the psychologist) are deep in the jungle by themselves? Where's Locke? Jack? AnaLucia? Anybody?! There's polar bears, giant monsters, some weird misty thing, and lest we forget, a pack of kidnapping Others hiding in the bush...and yet let's go by ourselves.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Kam
    My wife caught Kate's picture immediately. Another very cool tie-in. Geez, can you imagine the flow chart for the Lost storyboard? 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon has got nothing on this show!

This was one of the best episodes of this season, by far. Was anybody else as pissed as I was at Jack? He needs to face reality and stop trying to save everybody. You know Sayid saw that look from the Other and probably wanted to cut his eyes out. I did! It will be interesting to see if Charlie tries to get a little payback, but I don't think he has the stones for that. Sawyer, on the other hand...

The trailer for next week, er...I mean whenever they decide to grace us with another new episode (what the hell does "coming up" mean, anyway?!?), wasn't as promising to me as last week's. You had to love the clock hitting "0" for sheer suspense. The Dharma door looked really cool, but am I the only one that is confused as to why two of the weakest Losties (Claire and the psychologist) are deep in the jungle by themselves? Where's Locke? Jack? AnaLucia? Anybody?! There's polar bears, giant monsters, some weird misty thing, and lest we forget, a pack of kidnapping Others hiding in the bush...and yet let's go by ourselves.

Yeah, that makes sense.
    not to mention desmond is still running around and french woman who's a mean shot with a crossbow! i guess when you're on an island for 16 years, you can develop a few skills.
    /create

Kam
    Here's another interesting site which lists some of the questions and, when available, answers. As well as connections. There are some really interesting things here, such as...Locke's boss at the box company and Hurley's boss at the fast food place are played by the same actor and are both named Randy.

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php#027
    another few connections (from the lost podcast):

Locke's mom was in the same mental institute as Hurley (confirmed)

Marvin Campbell (the guy from the orientation video) was in the mental institute with Hurley (unconfirmed - an asian guy was in the institute, but unknown if its really him or not).

alright, listening to another podcast now too... will update soon!

am such a nerd!
    /create

Kam
    garrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!!!!! can we get at least TWO new episodes in a row!!!
    /create

garrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!!!!! can we get at least TWO new episodes in a row!!!
    They showed the trailer for next week in Canada. It was the same trailer that you saw last week. The one thing that I noticed was that the Dharma symbol was a new one. So, assuming that Claire really does find the new station and it's not a dream or halucination or hypnotic memory, we definately see a new Dharma symbol.

My problem...I'm on vacation next week! I won't be home to see the episode. I'm hoping that they show it where I'm vacationing. Of course I'll set up a tape, but it's going to be a very looooooong week if I have to wait until I get home to watch it.

Considering that I'll be someplace warm and sunny...far, far away from the cold and snow...I think I'll survive.

It was interesting to watch the Pilot again tonight and realize how little Locke was actually in it.

Guys & gals,

I missed last night's show but recorded it for tonight's viewing. Are you saying that I recorded 2 hours of repeats?

Kam
    yep, it was the 2-part pilot episode from season 1. the beginnings of it all.
    /create

yep, it was the 2-part pilot episode from season 1. the beginnings of it all.
    See? This is what happens when I don't pay attention.

Thanks Kam.

Think I'll watch it this weekend to see if I missed anything back then.

Kam
    oooo! oooo!!! was just talking with a friend about lost theories and he read one in entertainment weekly that was an interesting, which we talked and elaborated on to come up with this interesting supposition:

claire was kidnapped PRE-birth... which means the Others had her before aaron was born, AND could have gone all rosemary's baby on her so that the Others and the Island 'control' the little baby, with a touch of that twilight zone episode where the ominpotent little kid controls the small town with his every whim.

which i guess we might get a taste of tonight!!!!!! woo hoo!!!
    /create

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information