I'm Back!!

Printable View

• 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM
    Kam
    I'm Back!!
    Hello to all my dear film forum friends!

Sorry for my recent lostness from the boards, i was in a play that was ridiculously time consuming and it wrapped last weekend. I've finally gotten the rest of my life in order and am back to schmooze with all you wonderful losties and film fanatics. :)

It was so nutty i didn't even get to watch Lost on time :( yes, we had performances on Thursday night, and don't think that the thought didn't cross my mind to find an excuse to not show up for thursday's shows. BUT... i do love the work and me acting won out over watching other's acting in my favorite show. So... am back and just wanted to say i missed you all (and you all know who you are ,except you GM, i didn't miss you at all, dammit).

:)

k2
  • 07-02-2008, 08:15 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam
    Hello to all my dear film forum friends!

Sorry for my recent lostness from the boards, i was in a play that was ridiculously time consuming and it wrapped last weekend. I've finally gotten the rest of my life in order and am back to schmooze with all you wonderful losties and film fanatics. :)

It was so nutty i didn't even get to watch Lost on time :( yes, we had performances on Thursday night, and don't think that the thought didn't cross my mind to find an excuse to not show up for thursday's shows. BUT... i do love the work and me acting won out over watching other's acting in my favorite show. So... am back and just wanted to say i missed you all (and you all know who you are ,except you GM, i didn't miss you at all, dammit).

k2

Well,, I sure missed you KAM. Glad to see you post again. How was the play? What can you tell us about it? Did you play a part or were you behind the scenes?
  • 07-02-2008, 08:23 AM
    Kam
    Well it was a loooooong process. It started back in november with the first rehearsals and we didn't start up with the main full cast rehearsals until january and were in full blown rehearsals almost every day from february and march. it was a 31 person cast about the fall of babylon.

the play took place in a holy temple the night before the persians invade the city. i played two characters, an innocent, childlike beggar and then that character leaves and then i return as the richest man (and biggest d-bag) in babylon. I had a blast as i got to play total opposites and got some very nice compliments from people not realizing i was playing both characters haha.

it was a small production, nothing big, so far off broadway we were in Brooklyn, although technically an Off-Off Broadway play... but incredibly time consuming.

on another side note, right after that play i worked with William Peter Blatty again on another play reading and can't say enough about how cool a guy he is. i worked with him last summer on a play that was a great experience as well.
  • 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM
    GMichael
    It there any chance that someone recorded this play? How can the 'not so average Joe' get a chance to view it?
  • 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM
    Kam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    It there any chance that someone recorded this play? How can the 'not so average Joe' get a chance to view it?

they did have a night where they recorded it with 4 cameras. but i haven't heard anything yet in terms of it being available or if the director was going to do anything with it other than to have a record of it for his own posterity. they taped on a night where there was an audience, and i didn't see anyone sign releases, so i can't imagine he can put it up anywhere publicly, but if i get any sort of info, i'll definitely let you know!

• 07-02-2008, 08:51 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam
    they did have a night where they recorded it with 4 cameras. but i haven't heard anything yet in terms of it being available or if the director was going to do anything with it other than to have a record of it for his own posterity. they taped on a night where there was an audience, and i didn't see anyone sign releases, so i can't imagine he can put it up anywhere publicly, but if i get any sort of info, i'll definitely let you know!

Fair enough. When is he having "home movie" night? I'll bring the beer.
  • 07-02-2008, 09:06 AM
    Kam
    lol i don't know if i'd want to be around for that. i hate watching myself! i get FAR more nervous watching myself perform than actually doing the performance lol
  • 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam
    lol i don't know if i'd want to be around for that. i hate watching myself! i get FAR more nervous watching myself perform than actually doing the performance lol

Are we still talking about the same kind of home movies?
  • 07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
    kexodusc
    Nice to see ya Kam, glad the play thing worked out for ya...place wasn't the same without ya.

Kam will next be appearing as Springfellow Hawk in "Airwolf - The Musical".
  • 07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
    bobsticks
    Welcome back Kam. That most recent play sounds like a great an challenging opportunity with extremism. You can count me in on the home movies and I'll bring enough for everybody. Recently, GM's taken to showing up with just enough supplementation for himself and the ladies...and not sharing with the rest of us.
  • 07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    GM's taken to showing up with just enough supplementation for himself and the ladies...and not sharing with the rest of us.

That's not true. I always share my ladies with you guys.
    But don't touch my food!
  • 07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
    Kam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Nice to see ya Kam, glad the play thing worked out for ya...place wasn't the same without ya.

Kam will next be appearing as Springfellow Hawk in "Airwolf - The Musical".

i would jump on that in a heartbeat, as long as they brough Ernest Borgnine back to reprise his role... :D
  • 07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
    Kam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Welcome back Kam. That most recent play sounds like a great an challenging opportunity with extremism. You can count me in on the home movies and I'll bring enough for everybody. Recently, GM's taken to showing up with just enough supplementation for himself and the ladies...and not sharing with the rest of us.

damnations! has he been making the move on my Mrs. Kams?????
  • 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam

Unrepentantly
  • 07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam

I would never put a move on the Mrs Kams! No need to really. They already like me. Jess seems pretty darn happy with her baby now though. We still talk, but don't hook up anymore.
  • 07-03-2008, 10:45 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Welcome back Kam. This season of Lost definately was not the same without your input. You were missed.

Glad to hear that the reason for not being around was a good one though.
  • 07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
    Kam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Welcome back Kam. This season of Lost definately was not the same without your input. You were missed.

Glad to hear that the reason for not being around was a good one though.

i know :( i'm still going back and catching up, i need to add a good 40-50 posts to that thread to get the count up! lol
  • 07-11-2008, 07:55 AM
    Worf101
    Congrats on the work.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam

See above. I'm glad you got the experience and the notches on your experience belt. I'd LOVE to see you perform. As a musician I totally understand your being loathe to see yourself perform BUT it's not a painfull as you think. All artists are their own worst critics.

Da "I'm quite proud of ya" Worfster