M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

I wanted to fall on my own sword after watching The Cave

I rely on my buddies here at AR to hip me when a movie is so bad that I wanted to commit suicide while eating a kenoly. This movie stole bits and pieces from just about every horror movie ever made. Its got some Alien, Bats, Invasion of the body snatchers, the thing, Pich Black, Anaconda shall I go on???? If you are going to rip things off, be good at it!

The visuals and sound where first rate, and what made this movie watchable. Good dynamic contrast in the picture, clean, some edge enhancement but not really bad. The sound was equally dynamic with good soundstaging, and some good work out effect for the sub.

Are there any other horrible gems you guys can warn me about before I spend more money at BB??
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I rely on my buddies here at AR to hip me when a movie is so bad that I wanted to commit suicide while eating a kenoly. This movie stole bits and pieces from just about every horror movie ever made. Its got some Alien, Bats, Invasion of the body snatchers, the thing, Pich Black, Anaconda shall I go on???? If you are going to rip things off, be good at it!

The visuals and sound where first rate, and what made this movie watchable. Good dynamic contrast in the picture, clean, some edge enhancement but not really bad. The sound was equally dynamic with good soundstaging, and some good work out effect for the sub.

Are there any other horrible gems you guys can warn me about before I spend more money at BB??
    Sure you were warned

New and Upcoming Releases.....

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible

I'm pretty happy letting you watch the bad ones and then telling us all about them. Thanks for the review!
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Yeah, it sounds like you want others to fall on their sword so you don't have to. Nevertheless, by now you should be able to smell stinkers like the Cave. I mean, come on, what was there that suggested it would even remotely be a quality movie?

Tough crowd.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information