Thread: The Hulk

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

The Hulk

My son and I celebrated the end of his school year by seeing The Hulk today. Pretty good movie and several members of the audience clapped as the credits rolled. Not on par with Ironman IMO but would give it a 7 of 10.

Even though you were aware the Hulk was CGI they did a good job and it did not detract from the movie. Edward Norton made a good Bruce Banner but the story line was not as solid as I-Man so I don't think it is fair to compare his performance to Robert Downey Jr's.

With this latest offering I have to say it has been a pretty strong Summer movie season so far this year with others on the way.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Much better than the last Hulk movie I think.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Forum Regular
    I'm sure the Incredible Hulk was sitting next to me on the bus last week, except that he wasn't green.

Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    Much better than the last Hulk movie I think.
    How could it be worse? I mean Ang Lee wasn't exactly a wise choice for directing the HULK film and it showed. The fact that we didn't get to see the Hulk until about 1-hour into the film didn't help and it just meandered all over the place with very little direction at all, then ran 2 1/2 hours with a useless plot. Interestingly enough he directed RIDE WITH THE DEVIL, which just came up in another post.

Wow, I can't understand the bashing of Ang Lee's Hulk. Sure, I liked The Incredible Hulk better, but I liked a lot of what Ang Lee did as far as style was concerned. Ang Lee's story wasn't any more contrived than this new one. Yes, Ed Norton was a much better Bruce Banner than Eric Bana, and the Marvel tie-in is great (and long over due) but to say The Hulk sucked is a tad extreme, IMO. It was way better than Dare Devil, Electra, Ghost Rider, X-Men 3 and both Fantastic Four (talk about disappointing) movies.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Wow, I can't understand the bashing of Ang Lee's Hulk. Sure, I liked The Incredible Hulk better, but I liked a lot of what Ang Lee did as far as style was concerned. Ang Lee's story wasn't any more contrived than this new one. Yes, Ed Norton was a much better Bruce Banner than Eric Bana, and the Marvel tie-in is great (and long over due) but to say The Hulk sucked is a tad extreme, IMO. It was way better than Dare Devil, Electra, Ghost Rider, X-Men 3 and both Fantastic Four (talk about disappointing) movies.
    I agree with it being better than Electra, Ghost Rider and both Fantastic Four movies, but I liked Daredevil and X-men 3.... Daredevil would have been better served with a more compelling plot, but I felt they got the basic character and his powers down pretty well... Electra and Ghost Rider were total rubbish. Fantastic Four one and two were as crappy as I find the comics to be, so I can't really hate on the movies too much...

Kam
    can anyone say The Avengers set up... 2011.
    /create

Kam
    ps... the lineup:
    Punisher: War Zone 2008
    Silver Surfer 2009
    The Hands of Shang-Chi 2009
    Magneto 2009
    Wolverine 2009
    Luke Cage 2009
    Doctor Strange 2010
    Nick Fury 2010
    Ant-Man 2010