Suspended

It happened again/The Man

I'm not doing anything different but some how I miss hearing about a lot of movies. Home, Sunday night, looking for something to watch, I run across a movie on Cinemax HD called The Man. What? It's Samuel L Jackson! This movie was great. Who is this guy who is cracking me up? It's none other than Eugene Levy. I am becoming a huge Eugene Levy fan. Anyone know of any other movies he was in besides that one with Queen Lateefa?

So did you see The Man and was it as entertaining as I think?

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I'm not doing anything different but some how I miss hearing about a lot of movies. Home, Sunday night, looking for something to watch, I run across a movie on Cinemax HD called The Man. What? It's Samuel L Jackson! This movie was great. Who is this guy who is cracking me up? It's none other than Eugene Levy. I am becoming a huge Eugene Levy fan. Anyone know of any other movies he was in besides that one with Queen Lateefa?

So did you see The Man and was it as entertaining as I think?
    Eugene Levy has been in quite a few movies. If you're not a big christopher guest fan, you would have missed his appearance in all of those fun movies. but here's a few other's he's been in too:
    Vacation
    Armed and Dangerous
    Waiting for Guffman
    American Pie
    Serendipity
    Best In Show
    A Mighty Wind
    he's great and you should check out the guest movies, they're lots of fun, but can get a lil repetitive if you watch them close together.
    /create

Forum Regular
    If you want to see some of Eugene's best work,seek out SCTV,a Canadian scetch comedy show from the late 70's that also spawned John Candy,Dave Thomas,Catherine O'Hara,Harold Ramis,Andrea Martin,Martin Short,Rick Moranis and Brian Doyle-Murray.Great stuff.

bill

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    All great suggestions on Levy movies and the SCTV show. I especially like the Christopher Guest movies w/Levy - A Mighty Wind, Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. I understand a new Guest movie with the same/similar cast was in theaters back in November, but I never heard much about it. I'll be watching for the dvd release though.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    All great suggestions on Levy movies and the SCTV show. I especially like the Christopher Guest movies w/Levy - A Mighty Wind, Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. I understand a new Guest movie with the same/similar cast was in theaters back in November, but I never heard much about it. I'll be watching for the dvd release though.
    For Your Consideration
    (but i missed seeing it too, although heard it was his best since best in show, not that that was all that long ago either)
    /create

Suspended
    Anyone see The Man?

I remember SCTV, I'll have to check to see if any of those arereleasd on DVD.

Yeah, I watched "The Man" on cable recently. I hate to rain on your parade, but it was awful. Hackneyed, cliche-ridden and utterly pointless. I watched for an hour and didn't laugh once. I love both Jackson and Levy, but this one looked like they were phoning it in.

Suspended
    Maybe I was just in the right mood, it worked for me.

Thread Information