Movies you hated, then loved....

Ok, every now and again I will see a movie that I downright just hate. I mean hate. However, there are some movies that I have hated upon initial viewing only to later re-watch and eventually grow to love the movie. Often times I attribute this either my initial viewing mood or perhaps just the fact that the movie needed to sit with me for a bit before having the ability to really let it sink in. Here are some examples of movies that I detested upon my first viewing and later enjoyed....

ANGER MANAGEMENT Annoyed the heck out of me and was so painful to watch the first time through, then I decided to just let it be a silly, stupid movie and all was well.

ABOUT A BOY Didn't really care for this the first time as it was much different than what I thought, then I watched it again without thinking much about it and really enjoyed the chemistry the second time through.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE I didn't really see what all the fuss was about the first time through, and really there isn't much going on here, other than just a quirky family put together in an odd situation and it's charming.

RAT RACE Painful. Dreadful. Yet, somehow funny the more you see it.

GALAXY QUEST I avoided this movie like the plague and the first time I saw it I wanted to hate it so much, yet found myself watching it a few times and it started to work on me to the point where I found it tolerable. btw. Rainn Wilson (AKA Dwight Schrute) is in this film.

RONIN Boy did I find this movie frustrating upon my first viewing, then I had to see it again because I thought I had missed something...I sure did, totally better the more you see it!

THE JERK I couldn't stand this movie when I first saw it, mostly because I liked him better when he was A JERK, and wanted him to stay that way, then I just let the movie stew a bit and now I enjoy it a bit more.

THE 13th WARRIOR Booooring. I just couldn't get into this film when I saw it in theaters, but after seeing it again over the years it's much more enjoyable without having expectations.

Anyone else have a list??????

Forum Regular
    I have come to realize in my almost half century on this planet that the first impression usually ends up being the right one,thus few if any films ever get a second chance with me.Btw Ronin had me in the first five minutes and never let me go,great film.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    What Dreams May Come...hated it at first...kinda developed an appreciation for both the story and the settings, which were very artistic. I think this flick was underappreciated. Not one I want to watch that often, but it certainly grows on me everytime I see it.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Wild at Heart. It took me a few years to appreciate David Lynch.

As for Rat Race, I love that movie! It's at the top of my list of comedy classics.

These movies disappoint at first due to high expectation, but grow on me.

Godfather III

Harlem Nights

Raging Bull

Score

Forum Regular

hate then love

My nephew lent me Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone back in 2003, I watched the first 20 min and said you got to be kidding me, I took it out of the dvd player and that was it untill NOV 2005 when the 4 movie came out [Goblet of Fire] I was desperate for a movie to see and GOF was the only thing playing that my friends at work said was any good, So i gave it a try, Well i injoyed the film so much that i went out and picked up the first three movies on dvd so i could understand the story better, Sorcerer's stone being the first one, This time i watched the whole movie and injoyed it just as much as 2,3,4,5. I have been a big fan of the movies and the books ever since nov 2005. btw cant wait for no. 5 to come out on dvd.

Thread Information