Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Worf101

Thread: Lincoln

Lincoln

Went and saw "Lincoln" the other night at the local "art house" Theatre (www.spectrum8.com). I enjoyed it immensely. I really liked how everything is so juxtaposed against today. Switch the roles and political leanings of Democrats and Republicans today and you've a parallel of what's happening in Washington today.
    Excpet the issue of slavery might dwarf "Obacmacare" or the Fiscal Cliff. DD Lews and Tommy Lee Jones were spectacular as was most of the cast. Speilberg can still tell a story... George Lucas cannot. Sorry, simple facts. Well worth seeing on the big screen, antyime anywhere.

Worf
    winston likes this.

Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    Went and saw "Lincoln" the other night at the local "art house" Theatre (www.spectrum8.com). I enjoyed it immensely.
    Worf,
    Problem is I'm too cheap. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. But, I have several personal hero's, which are: Winston Churchill, George Washington Carver, and Abraham Lincoln. I cann't wait to see the movie. Everyone says it is so good.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley View Post
    Worf,
    Problem is I'm too cheap. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. But, I have several personal hero's, which are: Winston Churchill, George Washington Carver, and Abraham Lincoln. I cann't wait to see the movie. Everyone says it is so good.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Manly I did not know you were a charter member of "Cheap Basterds Amalgamated" LOL!. I hear you about the costs BUT what I love about The Spectrum (Spectrum 8 Theatres) is it's cheaper than the mall, you get a much more mature clientel AND they pop their popcorn fresh and you can slaver it with REAL, CREAMY, HEART CLOGGING, CHOLESTEROL LADEN BUTTER! Worth the trip there from anywhere!

Worf

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    Went and saw "Lincoln" the other night at the local "art house" Theatre (www.spectrum8.com). I enjoyed it immensely. I really liked how everything is so juxtaposed against today. Switch the roles and political leanings of Democrats and Republicans today and you've a parallel of what's happening in Washington today.
    [I]Excpet the issue of slavery might dwarf "Obacmacare" or the Fiscal Cliff. DD Lews and Tommy Lee Jones were spectacular as was most of the cast. Speilberg can still tell a story... George Lucas cannot. Sorry, simple facts. Well worth seeing on the big screen, antyime anywhere.[/I]

Worf
    good call as usual Man, (great movie and also a keeper) and it seen's like Mr Spielberg & DD Lewis, might be grabbing a few metals for this flick, (the Golden Globe nominations is a good sign of this)
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Went last week to see this film, as a film very well done and will be added to my collection when it is released. Some of the scenes made me think and will have to do some research, for the more I have dug into Lincolns' motives and concerns over the passage of the 14th amendment.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information