Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    ...Anyhow, I just wanted to put in my two cents that not everyone who hangs out at book stores is a pasty booger-eatin' excuse for a human being. Some of us are genuine customers, funny looking perhaps, but still customers.
    And are rich and live in Newport Beach and drive brand new Lexus IS's too!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

That does happen all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by notphilmitchell
    I always buy online. It is usually cheaper but always saves me from the snarky comments and looks of disdain from the minimum-wage geniuses manning the cash register. If it isn't conveniently shipped to my mailbox, I'll buy it at Sam's Club or else airport booksellers.

Human detritus? Probably not, but I was described as "a sad pop anorak" about a decade ago...
    ...if you're not snagging something from the au courant recommendations of "La Monde" or Blake Nelson's "Exile".

Problem is, you're letting the twerps win. The mere threart of violence will send all these little jackasses scampering back to the safety of their copy of "Evelyn Waugh's Love Letters".

Hey Yo...you disapprove? How about you raise your dandruff-covered unibrow at me one more time and I make you a book depository? You'll be the only feckless, little twee, literatti geek running around Starbucks with a copy of Jack Keruoac shoved up his ass...

...you'll never have a problem again. It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I don't know what book prices are like in the U.S. but in Canada it's usually much cheaper to order on-line. I'll go into Chapters or Indigo (big box book stores) to browse or research the books that I want to buy but then I'll usually order them on-line. The same book on Chapter's web-site will be 20% - 30% cheaper than in the store. I don't know why anyone would purchase a book directly from the store.

Does that make me human detritus?

depends on if yer a Velma or a Daphne (I have no idea what that means either really)

You'll look more diginified if yer holdin a Starbucks while you browse - just sayin

Lol.....

I must admit I don't get it. Sitting/standing in a book store reading a book for hours... buy the dang thing. Support a dying medium, keep PFK's employed so they're not out breeding. I don't go to book stores like I used except there's a huge used book store I go to all the time. Love used books... they make me feel... timeless.

Da Worfster

nightflier

'xcuse, me sir...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    ...if you're not snagging something from the au courant recommendations of "La Monde" or Blake Nelson's "Exile".

Problem is, you're letting the twerps win. The mere threart of violence will send all these little jackasses scampering back to the safety of their copy of "Evelyn Waugh's Love Letters".

Hey Yo...you disapprove? How about you raise your dandruff-covered unibrow at me one more time and I make you a book depository? You'll be the only feckless, little twee, literatti geek running around Starbucks with a copy of Jack Keruoac shoved up his ass...

...you'll never have a problem again. It's true.
    "that's actually Le Monde, uni-brow has a "-" after the first syllable, literati has just one "t" and Kerouac is also misspelled."

...Said the info-clerk newbie just before becoming much more intimately acquainted with Kerouac's work then he ever intended.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    ROTFLMGAO!!!

ya'z got me 'flier. Touche.

Clearly the amount of Spanglish, Chinglish, Froglish, and gangsta I've allowed to permeate my oratory has had an effect upon my written communication.

Where be the spellchecka?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information