Fortress out on DVD

Printable View

• 07-31-2006, 08:08 AM
    Kam
    Fortress out on DVD
    No not that cheesy crap with Christopher Lambert about the future prison, but the movie i've been long ballyhoo-ing for everyone to see if finally out on dvd! (of course after i tracked down a transfered to dvd copy from a vhs tape). i havent seen the dvd yet, so not sure how good its quality or extras on it might be, but the movie is a great lot of fun.

to recap (because i dont know where i last reviewed it or how long ago if its in the archives) but it takes place in the australian outback where a group kidnaps a school and their teacher (rachel ward) and what happens on this journey. it is great!! goes in to the nature of violence and what even kids will do when pushed to a limit. pretty graphic in some shots too i thought. was a made for tv/hbo movie back in the 80's and i had always searched for it until i found the copy on ebay. watched it again and it was just as good as i remembered it.

put it on your rental queue and enjoy a good kidnapping flick. :)
  • 07-31-2006, 09:36 AM
    superpanavision70mm
    Hey, that sounds so familiar, but I never could track it down. Is that the film where the kids have to swim under water through this cave and hold their breath?
  • 07-31-2006, 09:59 AM
    Kam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by superpanavision70mm
    Hey, that sounds so familiar, but I never could track it down. Is that the film where the kids have to swim under water through this cave and hold their breath?

yep, thats the one. and the kidnappers all wore masks. there was a cat, a duck, and a santa claus, but they called him 'father christmas' in australia, which i always thought was kind of creepy given that that was my first exposure to that nomenclature.
  • 08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
    Defshep
    If it's the one with Rachel Ward, it's on the various Cinemax channels this month.