Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Is your Halloween movie list ready?

Last year we got a lot of participation in the Halloween movie marathon suggestion thread. My teens are planning a party at our house for Halloween so we'll probably be renting a few horror movies this year. I'm looking forward to your offerings.

I'll start by recommending one I've mentioned before - Suspiria - a very stylish but creepy thriller from the Italian giallo master Dario Argento. It features a lovely young lady who goes from New York to Germany to study dance at a school for girls. The soundtrack (music by Goblin) really ratchets up the tension as young girls suffer horrifying deaths until the heroine finally tracks down the source of evil in the school. This was supposed to be the second installment in Argento's loosely related "The Mothers" trilogy, but to my knowledge the third installment was never made. I have to admit that this movie gave me the willies the first time I saw it, but I also admired its style and use of color.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Last year we got a lot of participation in the Halloween movie marathon suggestion thread. My teens are planning a party at our house for Halloween so we'll probably be renting a few horror movies this year. I'm looking forward to your offerings.

I'll start by recommending one I've mentioned before - Suspiria - a very stylish but creepy thriller from the Italian giallo master Dario Argento. It features a lovely young lady who goes from New York to Germany to study dance at a school for girls. The soundtrack (music by Goblin) really ratchets up the tension as young girls suffer horrifying deaths until the heroine finally tracks down the source of evil in the school. This was supposed to be the second installment in Argento's loosely related "The Mothers" trilogy, but to my knowledge the third installment was never made. I have to admit that this movie gave me the willies the first time I saw it, but I also admired its style and use of color.
    Yup. Mine is simple each year and classically follows this format:

-John Carpenter's Halloween
    -Halloween II
    -Halloween III: Season of the Witch (possibly)
    -Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Forum Regular

Cool

This year i will have a 4 day marathon of Sci-Fi / Horror

here is my picks

THE THING ( 1982 )
    PITCH BLACK
    HALLOWEEN
    HALLOWEEN II
    THE SHINING
    BLACK CHRISTMAS
    THE FLY ( 1986 )
    INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS ( 1978 )
    TALES OF TERROR
    PHANTASM
    VAMPIRE HUNTER D
    FRIGHT NIGHT
    THE FOG ( 1980 )
    ALIEN
    VAN HELSING
    SLEEPY HOLLOW

Kam
    I've always wanted to see The Wicker Man and especially now since they are remaking it, i want to see the original first. might finally check it out this halloween.
    /create

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Movies? Who's got time for movies with all that candy out there for the taking...Screw movies, I'm goin' trick'er-treatin'...

Forum Regular
    don't forget listening to some Misfits when you get sick of staring at the TV.

Thread Information