Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Big Brother anyone?

Since Lost isn't back on until next year, I need a new water-cooler TV discussion thread. Is anyone here watching Big Brother? Fess up. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I watch it faithfully...even caught two out of the three shows that were on while I was on vacation.

Let's discuss, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Since Lost isn't back on until next year, I need a new water-cooler TV discussion thread. Is anyone here watching Big Brother? Fess up. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I watch it faithfully...even caught two out of the three shows that were on while I was on vacation.

Let's discuss, shall we?
    (steps up to mic)
    My name is Michael. I do watch the latest Big Brother number 8. I had always thought that it was one of the dumbest shows on TV, and still do. But wifey loves it and I have been watching.

I have found myself hating almost every member on the show. ED is a blast though. He likes to hide behind the old "I'm only speaking the truth" statement that lets him be rude as he!! to everyone. Daniel seemed nice but is turning out to be a bit of a spoilled brat. Eric is a snake in the grass. Jameka hides behind being a religous person, but is just as spitefull as the rest. Amber is just a puddle of tears 24/7. Does she ever stop crying? Jessica is too easily played for a chump. And Eric is playing her like a cheap drum. Zach is an unknown to me. Is his anoying act just an act?
    I hated Jen, Joe, Kail & Dustin. Didn't get to know Mike or Carol, although, I thought Carol was hot. I was unsure of Nick. At first I thought he was a jerk but now I'm not sure.

Your turn.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    (steps up to mic)
    My name is Michael. I do watch the latest Big Brother number 8. I had always thought that it was one of the dumbest shows on TV, and still do. But wifey loves it and I have been watching.

I have found myself hating almost every member on the show. ED is a blast though. He likes to hide behind the old "I'm only speaking the truth" statement that lets him be rude as he!! to everyone. Daniel seemed nice but is turning out to be a bit of a spoilled brat. Eric is a snake in the grass. Jameka hides behind being a religous person, but is just as spitefull as the rest. Amber is just a puddle of tears 24/7. Does she ever stop crying? Jessica is too easily played for a chump. And Eric is playing her like a cheap drum. Zach is an unknown to me. Is his anoying act just an act?
    I hated Jen, Joe, Kail & Dustin. Didn't get to know Mike or Carol, although, I thought Carol was hot. I was unsure of Nick. At first I thought he was a jerk but now I'm not sure.

Your turn.
    Yeah, ED is pretty funny. I'm glad that he didn't get voted off because he's the most interesting person in the house. I loved when he thought that he was getting the boot and just made everyone miserable. He's got quite the mean streak, I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. I agree with you about his daughter.

You didn't like Jen? I thought that her self-centredness was hilarious! How can you not love a girl who cries because she doesn't like the picture that they used; takes down a picture of her mother because she doesn't like the way she looks in it; is upset because another picture of her is a couple of years old (the birthday picture in the HOH room); and is the first person to break the rules by eating real food instead of slop. I can't wait to see her and Dustin together in the sequester house.

Jameka is a hypocritical moron who uses religion only when it suits her. Amber is a stupid cry-baby who is using religion to get closer to Jameka because she thinks J will protect her. She's too stupid to protect herself.

I think that Jessica is playing Eric as much as he's playing her. As for her little infatuation with him, it's all a game. She wouldn't give him the time of day in the real world.

Zach takes the term "flying under the radar" to a whole new level. Has there ever been anyone more invisible in the house?

I hated Kail from the beginning. "oh, I don't want anyone to know that I'm a multi-business owner and that half my town works for me". Get over yourself. Based on your performance in BB, I'd say that you are not the brains of the operation.

I liked Dustin at first, he seemed really sweet. I didn't like Joe, I thought that he was an ass. But then Dustin turned mean and I realized that Joe was totally right about him. Now I wish that Joe had stayed in the house longer.

My prediction is that Dick is going to win. I think that everyone will want to take him to the final two because they think that they'll be able to beat him in a vote. But in the end, the jury will vote for him to win because he was such a long shot from the beginning and they'll respect that.

God, I can't stand Amber.

"Eric is so selfish. Eric only looks out for himself". Well DUH! If she's not looking out for herself then she's even stupider than that wasted game show opportunity made her look. What a bunch of sour grapes. I'm going onto the CBS site to have Eric vote her stupid, crying ass out of there.

Jessica had the line of the night when Eric asked to kiss her. "It's about time."
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

God, I can't stand Amber.

"Eric is so selfish. Eric only looks out for himself". Well DUH! If she's not looking out for herself then she's even stupider than that wasted game show opportunity made her look. What a bunch of sour grapes. I'm going onto the CBS site to have Eric vote her stupid, crying ass out of there.
    She is very annoying. Does she ever stop crying. I liked when Jameka was telling her that she should be a model. She was like, oh yeah, I know I have the face and the body for it. She must not have any mirrors in her world. No wonder she had to trick her boyfriend into staying with her.
    Eric is a serious back stabber. What goes around, comes around. I hope that Jess sticks it to him next week.

She is very annoying. Does she ever stop crying. I liked when Jameka was telling her that she should be a model. She was like, oh yeah, I know I have the face and the body for it. She must not have any mirrors in her world. No wonder she had to trick her boyfriend into staying with her.
    Eric is a serious back stabber. What goes around, comes around. I hope that Jess sticks it to him next week.
    Yeah, that was pretty funny. I wonder if Jameka was serious? Amber is a piece of work. I think that she should go back to drugs. How would anyone even know the difference?

What makes you say that Eric is a back stabber? I don't see that. Other than having to vote out who the fans say, I thought that he'd been pretty honest up to now. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I wonder if Jameka was serious? Amber is a piece of work. I think that she should go back to drugs. How would anyone even know the difference?

What makes you say that Eric is a back stabber? I don't see that. Other than having to vote out who the fans say, I thought that he'd been pretty honest up to now. Am I missing something?
    He has been the mystery vote on several occasions. But when asked about it, he flat out lied.
    Last night, he could have saved Zack. That would have filled his commitment to America while still letting Jess put up ED or Daniel. That's not what I wanted to happen, and I'm glad he didn't do it, but Jess has done everything he's asked her to. He knew that she wanted to put up ED or Daniel but he choose not to help her do that. He owes her one. As I've watched the show there have been many times that he said something that I knew was a lie (can't remember them now). He's no better than the rest of them. He just seems pleasant to everyone's face.
    Not that the others are much better. I'm not sure why I watch a show when I seem to hate everyone on it.

He has been the mystery vote on several occasions. But when asked about it, he flat out lied.
    Last night, he could have saved Zack. That would have filled his commitment to America while still letting Jess put up ED or Daniel. That's not what I wanted to happen, and I'm glad he didn't do it, but Jess has done everything he's asked her to. He knew that she wanted to put up ED or Daniel but he choose not to help her do that. He owes her one. As I've watched the show there have been many times that he said something that I knew was a lie (can't remember them now). He's no better than the rest of them. He just seems pleasant to everyone's face.
    Not that the others are much better. I'm not sure why I watch a show when I seem to hate everyone on it.
    It's because you hate everyone on it that makes it so much fun!

I disagree with you about Eric. He's voting the way America wants him to, not necessarily the way he wants to. Yes, he's been the mystery vote, but it wasn't his choice to vote against the house either time. His mystery vote cost Nick the game. But he can't tell anyone that he's the mystery vote or he'll get booted. The fact that he's been the mystery vote and the mystery vandalizer and hasn't been caught yet is, to me, a testament to how well he's playing the game. Not too many other people could have pulled that off and gotten away with it.

As for back-dooring Daniele, that would be a mistake. Dick would be out for blood. If he won the next HOH, either Eric or Jessica would be out next week. They wouldn't back door Dick. They want to be up against him in the final two. Besides, he's not as much of a threat. If Eric and Jes keep their word, I think that ED and Daniele will keep theirs and they'll be the final four. If anyone else in the house wins HOH, then that person will likely put up Dick or Daniele and they'll get voted out without Eric or Jes breaking their promise. The house should have voted out either ED or Daniele weeks ago. It's too late now.

You can't expect to play this game (or Survivor) and not lie or deceive. It's how well you can lie, deceive, and manipulate that will win or lose the game for you. It's all part of the fun. Who can lie and cover up their tracks the best?

It's because you hate everyone on it that makes it so much fun!

I disagree with you about Eric. He's voting the way America wants him to, not necessarily the way he wants to. Yes, he's been the mystery vote, but it wasn't his choice to vote against the house either time. His mystery vote cost Nick the game. But he can't tell anyone that he's the mystery vote or he'll get booted. The fact that he's been the mystery vote and the mystery vandalizer and hasn't been caught yet is, to me, a testament to how well he's playing the game. Not too many other people could have pulled that off and gotten away with it.

As for back-dooring Daniele, that would be a mistake. Dick would be out for blood. If he won the next HOH, either Eric or Jessica would be out next week. They wouldn't back door Dick. They want to be up against him in the final two. Besides, he's not as much of a threat. If Eric and Jes keep their word, I think that ED and Daniele will keep theirs and they'll be the final four. If anyone else in the house wins HOH, then that person will likely put up Dick or Daniele and they'll get voted out without Eric or Jes breaking their promise. The house should have voted out either ED or Daniele weeks ago. It's too late now.

You can't expect to play this game (or Survivor) and not lie or deceive. It's how well you can lie, deceive, and manipulate that will win or lose the game for you. It's all part of the fun. Who can lie and cover up their tracks the best?
    I still wouldn't trust him with anything more than lunch money. It's been more than just the voting for me. I've caught him in as many lies as the rest of them. And he is only doing what America wants because he gets rewarded for each task he completes. I think if America asked him to do something against his best interest, he'd just not do it.

Daniel said last night that Jess has to go. If she or her father gets HOH, then we may see them going back on their word by putting Jess up. I like them, but they're not to be trusted.

It seems like this show is teaching that you need to lie and backstab to get ahead. (not that that's far from the truth unfortunately)

Oh, and as far as back-dooring Daniele goes, can I take a number?

You have to remember that you only get to see what the producers want you to see. They edit three days into one hour. Daniel says that Jess has to go, but how do you know that in her next sentence she doesn't say, "too bad we made an agreement with them".

The editing always leads you to believe that one thing will happen when its the opposite that actually does. Don't be so sure that Jess wasn't in agreement of Eric not using the Veto.

True, but I can only go by what I see. Please tell me that you are NOT one of those people who have the 24/7 live feed.
    I did see somewhere that the editors have made ED seem much nicer than he really is and that Jen was not as bad as she seemed. Can you imagine ED being any meaner than he's already shown?

It looks like someone had a few things to say about Eric here.
    http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...1-508989a22887

Please tell me that you are NOT one of those people who have the 24/7 live feed.
    Oh please, how would I find the time? I'm here 24/7!

Wow, do I dare break up the dance that you two are sharing with this entire thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Wow, do I dare break up the dance that you two are sharing with this entire thread?
    You may cut in if you like.

So, who goes home tonight? Amber or Zack?

oh noes!!!

I don't watch it, and probably never will... (yes, we too have big brother here, albeit the belgian version, which probably is even worse...)
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    oh noes!!!

I don't watch it, and probably never will... (yes, we too have big brother here, albeit the belgian version, which probably is even worse...)
    Worse? Worse?

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo..................

Possible spoiler alert.

'Twas the night before eviction and all through the house

The houseguest are restless especially Eric the mouse

Jessica is sleeping in her HOH room

Amber contemplating her impending doom

The houseguests on lockdown

What's going on outside

What's with the whispering, do they have something to hide

Evel is burping, his hunger satisfied

Not even thinking of earlier when he just may have cried

The mouse, he is peeking through the forbidden door

Zach, well he's Zach - a phenominal bore

What's out there, the houseguests, really do want to know

Could it be, they all wonder, a surprise from the show

Jameeka is hungry she LOVES that whipped cream

Amber looks so sad, she's losing her dream

Will she be a top model, America's sweetheart

All this interrupted by an Evel Dick fart

Jameeka's still eating I think someone else too

I hear clinking and clanking of an off camera spoon

Big Brother calling Jameka to the diary room

Could she be discussing her BFF's doom

Evel wants a cigarette but he's handling it OK

Dani's talking to him, so that makes his day

Eric and Evel and Daniele discuss game

Now talking about how other houseguests are lame!

Eric hopes Jen was injured on her way to sequester

Or perhaps eaten by sharks, he really doesn't like her

Daniele, being bored, is going to try to go to sleep

But Zach wants to talk - she probably wants to weep

Now Evel and Eric, they are REALLY talking game

They're sick of Amber , her lies are so lame

They're sure about one thing. Ambers got to go!

Eric's had it with her, but that we all know

HOH competion. they talk about now

They can't think of a kind that Zach would win somehow

The girs may be paranoid, but these two are not

They seem to trust their alliance - it will be a competition well fought

And now for a moment, we get FOTH on the screen

Could the lockdown be over, what does this mean

I'll wait a few minutes, to see if somethings going on

But I'm tired and need sleep so I won't wait long

The music is playing, the FOTH's on the screen

I get UP in 4 hours - I don't want to be mean

But I think that, perhaps, I'll retire for the night

Close down my computer, get it out of my sight

What the houseguests are doing, I have not idea

So with that I will say goodnight all, Later, SEE YA!

Hilarious! For someone who claims to only watch this show because of his wife, and doesn't really like it...you sure spend a lot of time on the 'net looking things up about it.

Bye-bye Amber (cry)baby.

Can you imagine her as a motivational speaker? OMG! She sure has a high opinion of herself. First a model, now a motivational speaker. Like anyone would ever want to pay to hear anything that she has to say.

I looked that up for you dear. Thought it would help our conversation along.

I'm not sad to see Amber go either. How much whining can one person do? "Oh, I'm happy, cry cry cry." Oh, I'm sad, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a model, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a motivational speaker, cry cry cry."

How could she be a motivational speaker? WTF! How stupid can she be? Maybe she doesn't understand what motivational means.

I looked that up for you dear. Thought it would help our conversation along.

I'm not sad to see Amber go either. How much whining can one person do? "Oh, I'm happy, cry cry cry." Oh, I'm sad, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a model, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a motivational speaker, cry cry cry."

How could she be a motivational speaker? WTF! How stupid can she be? Maybe she doesn't understand what motivational means.
    I believe that the actual word that she used when talking to Julie was "inspirational speaker". The only thing that she could inspire anyone to do is (a) cry, (b) kill themselves or (c) kill her.

I can't believe that we're the only two people on this board who watch this show. Yes, it's huge waste of time...but it's so much FUN!

Care to make a prediction on HOH? (no cheating by checking the forums!). I think that Daniele is going to win again. She seemed to be pretty steady on her feet, and I think that women have an advantage in a challenge like that since they have a lower centre of gravity and generally have better balance.

I believe that the actual word that she used when talking to Julie was "inspirational speaker". The only thing that she could inspire anyone to do is (a) cry, (b) kill themselves or (c) kill her.

I can't believe that we're the only two people on this board who watch this show. Yes, it's huge waste of time...but it's so much FUN!

Care to make a prediction on HOH? (no cheating by checking the forums!). I think that Daniele is going to win again. She seemed to be pretty steady on her feet, and I think that women have an advantage in a challenge like that since they have a lower centre of gravity and generally have better balance.
    Worf watches it too. He was b.tching you out for turning him (or his wife) onto the show. But I forget what thread.

Too late, I know who won already. Do you want to know?

Zach snatched up the H.O.H.

I thought Zach would put up E.D. and Daniel or Jess and Eric, maybe one of each. I didn't think he'd put up Jameka.
    Week after week E.D. and Daniel are playing hard and tricking the right people into thinking that they are on their side. Eric is doing the same. It's going to be a catfight in the end.
    Double ellimination this week. It doesn't seem like any of them know that yet.
    Who will win P.O.V. tomorrow? Eric will be fighting for Jess, but what if Zach puts him up as the replacement?
    How does the double ellimination thing work? Do both nominies go? Or does it work with a twist?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information