Fantastic Four

Printable View

• 07-10-2005, 07:47 PM
    s dog
    Fantastic Four
    I went and seen fantastic four to night , I dont know how to post a professional review so i will put it this way, It was terrible!
  • 07-10-2005, 11:47 PM
    RGA
    yeah the previews looked terrble to me. Take a bunch of re-tread re ject Marvel characters and make a film. The Fantastic Four are second tier second rate uninteresting super heros. That's why they NEED four of them. batman and Spiderman they can have a whole film just for them but these four clunker characters need to share 1/4 screen time because by themseleves they're uninteresting.

I have not seen the film that is just my rating of the these characters as comic characters. A film could have done something with them but it sounds like from the critics I like and yourself that I should avoid this film at all costs.
  • 07-11-2005, 05:57 AM
    shokhead
    Not enough of them with there powers and not enough of JA for sure. Wait for the rental.
  • 07-11-2005, 06:45 AM
    Worf101
    Thanks fer the warning...
    I appreciate you sparing my hard earned caiche...

Da Worfster :cool:
  • 07-11-2005, 07:15 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RGA
    yeah the previews looked terrble to me. Take a bunch of re-tread re ject Marvel characters and make a film. The Fantastic Four are second tier second rate uninteresting super heros. That's why they NEED four of them. batman and Spiderman they can have a whole film just for them but these four clunker characters need to share 1/4 screen time because by themseleves they're uninteresting.

I have not seen the film that is just my rating of the these characters as comic characters. A film could have done something with them but it sounds like from the critics I like and yourself that I should avoid this film at all costs.

Couldn't agree more...I'm getting really sick of all these 2nd rate comic book hero's getting movies. Boring. The latest Batman flick was only good because it only used 1% of anything legit Batman in the story (and actually stole from hundreds of other movies).
    Hollywood is becoming worse than the music industry, parody after parody.

Catwoman, Punisher, and Hulk have to be 3 of the worst movies ever made.

All the classic novels and story hero's over the ages and we're left with Marvel and DCs' 3rd stringers....What's next? Justice League? Shazam? Why do I have a feeling the Green Lantern and Flash movies are in the works?

:mad:
  • 07-11-2005, 07:46 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Couldn't agree more...I'm getting really sick of all these 2nd rate comic book hero's getting movies. Boring. The latest Batman flick was only good because it only used 1% of anything legit Batman in the story (and actually stole from hundreds of other movies).
    Hollywood is becoming worse than the music industry, parody after parody.

Catwoman, Punisher, and Hulk have to be 3 of the worst movies ever made.

All the classic novels and story hero's over the ages and we're left with Marvel and DCs' 3rd stringers....What's next? Justice League? Shazam? Why do I have a feeling the Green Lantern and Flash movies are in the works?

:mad:

Be careful what you ask for, you may get it. Wasn't there a TV show called the Green Lantern?
  • 07-11-2005, 07:59 AM
    JohnMichael
    Whoops, sorry it was Green Hornet on tv. I must be getting all my green super heroes confused.
  • 07-11-2005, 11:17 AM
    Woochifer
    My wife is pushing to go see this, even though just about everything I've read about this indicates that it sucks big time. She was a huge fan of Dark Angel and wants to see it because of Jessica Alba (and from my perspective, the only reason to see a movie like this would be Jessica Alba!). Oh well, I got some of those "Movie Cash" passes that Fox inserted into a couple of DVDs I bought last month, so at least it won't cost me anything! (I wonder if those big box office numbers that Fantastic Four got over the weekend might have something to do with the thousands of free tickets that Fox packaged with some of their recent DVD releases.)

Maybe I'll like it because it won't suck as bad as everyone says, or maybe it will be an even worse experience than otherwise because I just saw Batman Begins this past weekend which IMO raised the bar for how to do a comic book adaptation by quite a bit.
  • 07-11-2005, 11:37 AM
    kexodusc
    I didn't hate Fantastic Four, I would consider it a good popcorn muncher/rental. Mayvbe an okay film to see on a very boring "cheap night" if you already ate and didn't buy expensive confections. Special effects were good.
    Maybe if this came out in 2001 before Spiderman, X-men 2, Hulk, Hellboy, Daredevil, Batman Begins, Spiderman 2 etc, it would be much more memorable. The bad guy was kind of cool.
    It's just getting stale...which maybe takes away from the movie's own merits...Though I wouldn't mind Spidey 3 or another X-Men movie (only because I was a big fan as a kid).