Downton Abbey.... Wow Thanks England!!!

And I mean it. Just watched the first 5 episodes of "Downton Abbey" on DVD. Never saw "Upstairs Downstairs" but if it was anything like this I will. Wow, the class system in pre-WWI England was a mutha'. Great characters, great acting, wonderful sets and all the while you know WW1 is just around the corner to put the finishing touches on. Like "Gone with the Wind", you see the train coming but you just can't get out of the way.

The only gripe I have is the outright THEFT of the flower show scene from the 1941 epic "Mrs. Miniver". Damn do they think we all have the attention span of gnats and the memory of chimps round here?

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    And I mean it. Just watched the first 5 episodes of "Downton Abbey" on DVD. Never saw "Upstairs Downstairs" but if it was anything like this I will. Wow, the class system in pre-WWI England was a mutha'. Great characters, great acting, wonderful sets and all the while you know WW1 is just around the corner to put the finishing touches on. Like "Gone with the Wind", you see the train coming but you just can't get out of the way.

The only gripe I have is the outright THEFT of the flower show scene from the 1941 epic "Mrs. Miniver". Damn do they think we all have the attention span of gnats and the memory of chimps round here?

Worf
    This series is a favorite of mine as well. I ended up buying the blu-ray collection and enjoyed every minute of it. I hear they are making a new season... something to look forward to. :-)

BTW: Upstairs Downstairs has been remade/continued recently on PBS. The final episode of the 3 part new series just aired last Sunday. I have yet to watch it yet, but I enjoyed the first 2 so far... I never did get into the original series, but I was too young to appreciate it probably... I now am looking to have Netflix send me a few discs to give it another go.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Thread Information