"Dinner For Schmucks"

While me and Puddin' were watching "The Kids Are Alright", Los Knucklehead and his loyal sidekick went next door at the Spectrum (www.spectrum8.com) to see "Dinner For Schmucks". Our junior correspondents give this movie "two toes up" or a solid "B" as they claim they laughed from start to finish. They did bemoan the fact that it kinda makes fun of "special" people but this notion flew by like a fart in church as they said the non-political correctness was worth the Yucks. Ah youth!!!

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I saw this last week and it was hilarious! I went with my family while we were on vacation together so 7 of us went. Ages ranged from 10 to 74. The 10-yr-old thought it was the biggest waste of her time ever and was mad at us all for making her see it. The rest of us thought it was very funny and we all enjoyed it. We were pulling lines from it for the rest of the week together.

Worf, it's nice that your son is sensitive enough to think that it made fun of "special" people. I actually wouldn't have thought of that. I just thought, "what a bunch of freaks!".

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Wife and I saw this, we were a bit disappointed. I don't see comedies in theater very often, last one being The Hangover. The last 20 minutes was good. And the two characters from Flight of the Conchords were great. The rest, meh...rental.

I finally saw The Hangover and was disappointed in that. I thought that Dinner for Schmucks was way funnier.

Who were the guys from Flight of the Conchords? I've only seen a couple of clips from that show. I don't find it very funny.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Saw it with the wife last Sunday. I thought it was pretty solid with a few good bits. The artist character was a bit of a stereotype but Jemaine Clement pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Worf, it's nice that your son is sensitive enough to think that it made fun of "special" people. I actually wouldn't have thought of that. I just thought, "what a bunch of freaks!".
    Thanks for the love F.A. It's hard with kids today, seems likes there's almost no middle ground. They whipsaw from being incredibly sensitive to cretionous buffoons at the drop of a hat. As a parent, one can only hope for more of the former and less of the latter. Glad you had a good time.

Worf

I have one interesting factoid to mention...

....did you the word schmuck actually means 'penis'? I heard that from the # 1 Jew himself, Howard Stern. I thought it was meant idiot or something like that. No wonder everyone calls Finch and bobsticks schmucks.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ....did you the word schmuck actually means 'penis'? I heard that from the # 1 Jew himself, Howard Stern. I thought it was meant idiot or something like that. No wonder everyone calls Finch and bobsticks schmucks.
    My mother and grandparents spoke Yiddish, so I did indeedy know that Schmuck means Penis.

You know, some people might call you meshuga, but I think you're a real mensch.

Memories...

I knew what Schmuck meant as well. When I got bussed from all black P.S. 40 to all white P.S. 201 the majority of the kids were Jewish, I picked up the insults quick. Also my mother did "housework" for Jewish families then.... not only do I know the terms but have a soft spot for motzah (with peanut butter), Vita Herring, Whitefish and other leftover delicacies from Passovers long gone by.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    not only do I know the terms but have a soft spot for motzah (with peanut butter), Vita Herring, Whitefish and other leftover delicacies from Passovers long gone by.

Worf
    Ewwwwww! Gross! Worf, you have no idea the lengths that I went to to avoid that stuff.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Schmuck?

I thought that was how Smurfs made babies.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Thread Information