The Devil Wears Prada..

Saw this last night, with my wife & daughter.

I was expecting a "girls' film", but I absolutely adore Meryl Streep, so I agreed to go along.

The film has wonderful moments of comedy and deep understanding for the viewer that are sprinkled throughout, as well as a very involving storyline. Indeed, this is a film that I could easily see again and again.

Meryl Streep is in fine form. She epitomizes ego in the fashion industry or, for that matter, any industry that is in the business of making tons of money. What I like, especially, is how the movie does not follow hollywood protocol and try for sappy revelations in the utterly ruthless character Streep plays.

Furthermore, this film imparts a lesson onto the audience that takes its time to arrive -- as it should & does for our main protagonist, the young aspiring journalist as well.

I don't want to tell what that lesson is or what the film's plot is all about, since the film is still new and many of you would appreciate viewing it.

Highly recommended,

audiobill (usually found on the RaveRecs sister-board)

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Thanks for the comments Bill. I read the book over the long weekend and now I'm dying to see the movie. I doubt that I'll be able to drag Peter to this one though. I'll have to find a friend to go with...or maybe I'll just indulge and go on my own.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I've heard it's the best movie to let your wife/girlfriend drag you too...The Break-Up was terrible - avoid that like Herpes.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I've heard it's the best movie to let your wife/girlfriend drag you too...The Break-Up was terrible - avoid that like Herpes.

galldarnit!!! why didnt i read this earlier!!?!?! Now i have herpes AND i saw the Break-Up!!
    /create

Forum Regular
    I was actually considering seeing "The Breakup", since I like Vince Vaughn and it's doing great business. Sorry to hear it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Thanks for the comments Bill. I read the book over the long weekend and now I'm dying to see the movie. I doubt that I'll be able to drag Peter to this one though. I'll have to find a friend to go with...or maybe I'll just indulge and go on my own.
    You're quite welcome, FA.

I'm a huge Meryl fan & that's what clinched the deal for me.

Mwuahh hahhh ha ha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    galldarnit!!! why didnt i read this earlier!!?!?! Now i have herpes AND i saw the Break-Up!!
    ROTFLMBBAO!!! Dammit Kam, you're killing me... I can't stand it...

Da Worfster

Thread Information