View Poll Results: Which movie would you see?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman Begins

3 50.00%
  • Cinderella Man

2 33.33%
  • Fantastic Four

1 16.67%
  • War of the Worlds

0 0%
  • Bewitched

0 0%

Date Night Poll:

Takin' the wifey to dinner and a movie Friday and want to get your opinion on what's the best of the of the current crop of movies. Just so you know, Bewitched doesn't hold any more sway than War of the Worlds with her.

What would you see?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Not to knock the others, they were decent popcorn munchers (well, haven't seen Bewitched, but I assume it'll be a muncher too). Batman was surprisingly good, exceded expectations. Tthe others, while decent, failed to meet expectations IMO.

Runner up choice would go to Cinderella Man, which might be more appealing to a sophisticated woman than yet even another comic-book hero movie. Your call in the end...better make sure you get dinner right so you don't go 0 for 2.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Takin' the wifey to dinner and a movie Friday and want to get your opinion on what's the best of the of the current crop of movies. Just so you know, Bewitched doesn't hold any more sway than War of the Worlds with her.

What would you see?
    am defn going to see BB again (at the imax again), the only movie of your choices that am going to see twice (although fantastic 4 dont know about yet). not sure what the wifey's tastes are, but if bewitched is on even footing with WOTW, then i'd say skip both and see Batman Begins, very enjoyable movie, ESPECIALLY if you have an imax screen close by. Then it's no contest. Especially with Fantastic four, might not want the wifey notice you visibly gain interest with Jessica Alba's scenes... skin tight blue spandex... skimpy outfits... etc. etc. etc.

Although if you havent seen Crash, that is a phenomenal movie as well and will really get you talking afterwards, although not sure if you want to increase the wifey's talking potential.

(That's a JOKE! I keeed i keeed! kidding, joke, haha funny)

peace
    k2
    /create

Make that 3 for Batman Begins. It's in a class above the rest, altho I havn't seen War of the Worlds yet. Kam's earlier review of BB says it far better than I can. The Urban Assault Batmobile is the best vehicle since Adam West drove the hot-rodded turbojet-powered Pontiac Bonneville back on TV.

Judging by the reviews of W of the W, my expectations need to be lowered for that flick. The original was the first sci-fi flick I ever saw as a kid. I remember spending hours with my friends trying to imitate the great noise that the Martians' spitfire weapons made. Any remake has big shoes to fill.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Batman Begins is the best batman film so far by a wide margin IMO

Batman **1/2 / *****
    Batman Returns ** / *****
    Batman Forever ** / *****
    Batman and Robin * /*****

Batman Begins **** / *****

I would also consider Cinderella Man which IMO is Howard's best film **** / ***** and is probably a better date movie if for no other reason than it has a good female character.

I would rent Spiderman 2 as it is IMO the best super hero movie. Batman Begins is deeper but Spidey 2 is more fun and romantic **** / *****

Tough choice

As I haven't seen any of them yet. My vote is for the fantascic 4 though. Haven't seen this show sense I was about 9 yrs old.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam

Although if you havent seen Crash, that is a phenomenal movie as well and will really get you talking afterwards
    peace
    k2

"Crash"? What's this? Can you tell us a little more (or, at least tell me)?

We do things a little different in casa w.

Kids are out on their own and it's just the beautous Mrs w and meself to please nowadays. We both love action flicks. Some movies, where effects take a back seat to dialog or plot or simply seem corny, wre automatically relegated to "renter" status. Why blow $17 plus snacks to see a so-so movie? Cinderella Man and Beqitched fall into that category. Plus, I'm just about Will Ferreled out.

Conveniently, this rules out Cinderella Man and Bewitched, in that order.

That leaves three difficult choices but they all fall into place.

Now, of the three remaining I'd have to say we'll see WOTW next.

Why? Well, we've already seen BB twice already, once on the IMAX screen and once in the regular Lowes (surprisingly, we both preferred the regular to the Imax).

Another intresting quirk about us is that we won't go see a movie the week it's released to avoid the rowdy crowd. And, for the same reason, we'll go on a Tuesday, Wednesday of Thursday night. I love getting the center seats half way back.

Ans, since F4 is just now being released and considering all our weird quirks, it'll be about another week or two before we do that one.

You're not going to believe this...

As much as I appreciate the feedback (BB seems a clear winner thus far), my friend from San Fran just called and told me he's going to be in town with his new bride on Friday. As I was a groomsman at the shindig, I thought it best that we entertain them instead of going to a movie. The part that really sucks about this is that with 2 young kids, it is very difficult to get out and see an adult movie with just the two of us.

Ah well, ce la vie.

Thanks for the input though as it is much appreciated. If anything, now I really, REALLY, want to see Batman!

Red face One vote for "Cinderella Man".

Why cause it's a true story withe "heart" and character development. It has a story for her and fisticuffs for you and it'll earn you a few brownie points in her eyes. Though it's not on your list, I'd go to "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" instead.

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Why cause it's a true story withe "heart" and character development. It has a story for her and fisticuffs for you and it'll earn you a few brownie points in her eyes. Though it's not on your list, I'd go to "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" instead.

Da Worfster
    Already saw and drooled over the lovely Ms. Jolie. Fun flick, although the end was rather abrupt.

Thread Information