Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Criterion Collection

Just discovered that Barnes and Noble has its Criterion Collection of Blu-Ray and DVDs on sale @ 50% off. Sale runs to Aug. 1. Wasn't sure whether to post this on the news forum or here, but I thought I'd let you film buffs know. I'm always impressed with their transfers and most of their titles, but their prices are generally prohibitive. I'm taking a little b-day money (I get less and less every year) to my local store since unlike Amazon there are no tax savings online. (I haven't checked their online shipping rates in a while.)

If you happen to pick up anything, I'd be interested to hear what titles you get.

I have not been to Barnes and Noble in a while, but last time was there, it seem they sell their DVD/BR discs at MSRP prices. So even at 50% off, the prices might not be bargain.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I have not been to Barnes and Noble in a while, but last time was there, it seem they sell their DVD/BR discs at MSRP prices. So even at 50% off, the prices might not be bargain.
    B&N's regular prices for the Criterion are high, but the half price sale brings the prices down below what Amazon's prices usually are. I picked up the following Criterion titles this weekend:

Breathless (Jean-Luc Godard)
    Repulsion (Roman Polanski)
    The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman)
    Down by Law (Jim Jarmusch)

I watched Breathless and Down by Law today. Perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

BTW, Kam posted some stills from a film that he was in that reminded me of an early B&W Jarmusch film.

Thread Information