City Island, Catch it before it leaves.

A good but slightly uneven gem of a film about a highly dysfunctional yet loving family living in that contradiction that is City Island. City Island is a small Island off the Bronx that used to be the home to fishermen and sech before yuppies bought up the joint. It's kinda like a small New England fishing village got transported into the heart of New York City, but I digress. Wonderful performances Andy Garcia and Juliana Marguiles. Can't tell you much about the plot without mucking it up.... so see it or rent it.

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Thanks Worf. The same friend that I saw Moon with sent me a couple of reviews for this and we tried, unsuccessfully, to find a date that we were both available to see it. We eventually gave up. Maybe I'll see if its still playing nearby and try once again.

Edit: I just checked the listings and its not playing anymore. I guess I'll have to rent it...which means that I probably won't. We almost never rent movies anymore.

Unh....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Thanks Worf. The same friend that I saw Moon with sent me a couple of reviews for this and we tried, unsuccessfully, to find a date that we were both available to see it. We eventually gave up. Maybe I'll see if its still playing nearby and try once again.

Edit: I just checked the listings and its not playing anymore. I guess I'll have to rent it...which means that I probably won't. We almost never rent movies anymore.
    Why is that?

Worf

Lack of time mostly. Hubby and I are pretty busy with hobbies, friends, and renovations. It's rare that we have time to sit and just watch a movie for 2 or 3 hours. When we do sit in front of the TV together, its usually to watch something specific like Big Bang Theory or Survivor, or it's late at night when we're too tired to stay up long enough for a movie.

We really should make more of an effort, I suppose. There are a lot of movies that we want to see.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We almost never rent movies anymore.
    We rarely do either. With two teenagers in the house, and the both of us on agressive weight loss programs, we're just two tuckered. And we both have very different tastes in movies.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    and the both of us on agressive weight loss programs
    I should get me one of those.

Thread Information