Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

Shawshank Redemption

Well, I finally saw this movie, and it was great. One of those few examples where the cinematic adaptaion of a short story or novel is superior in its filmatic version over the print version.

I kid you not.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I agree. Shawshank Redemption was a great film. And it is rare that a cinematic version of a novel doesn't leave you disappointed to the point of wanting to demand a refund. I've seen this particular movie a few times now and enjoy it every time. I'm just amazed that it has taken you this long to see it, with all of the hype there was over it during the original release.

That must mean that you have a life, where most do not.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunes Gal
    I'm just amazed that it has taken you this long to see it, with all of the hype there was over it during the original release.
    I love movies, I really do. But the thing is, I go through phases. Sometimes I see a lot of movies, sometimes I see none at all. What happens is, I go back and forth between treating the movie-watching experience as a social event, versus just going for the pure enjoyment of seeing a movie. I get spoiled -- I have these friends, and they enjoy watching movies too, so I get to see movies with my friends whenever I want. But then we go through a period where either they or I are too busy doing something else every time we get together to see a movie, so we lose the momentum.

Shawshank Redemption came out during one of those "viewing slumps".

I don't really have a problem seeing a film alone, I often do. I mean, it's a "shoulder-to-shoulder" activity anyway, and etiquette dictates that you actually minimize the socializing during the actual movie.*

It's just that, once I get in the habit of seeing movies with my friends, there's a period between the viewing slump and when I start watching movies on my own again, where I just have to work up to it. It's a psychological thing.

And yes, there's that "life" thing, too. I guess I have one.

*I mean, unless we're talking about Rocky Horror Picture Show, or some other film that merits commentary.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information