View Poll Results: Bond or Bourne? Bourne or Bond?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bond. James Bond - Omega watches, Aston Martins, and, oh yeah, Bond girls.

14 73.68%
  • Jason Bourne - who needs laser watches, did you see what he did with that book?!?

5 26.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bourne or Bond?

Two more cents . .

Given the history, Bond. The best being No and Russia. That was Bond at his coolest and most deadly. Then we had to suffer the Roger Moore years. Bourne on the other hand is more of the anti hero and the action is more entertaining with the latest Bond rivaling. I dig Bourne on it's own. Here's a question for ya? Which came first . . Bourne or The Shield? I'm refering to the many locations, the hand held cameras, the pace of the editing. The people responsible for The Sheild must work there asses off 24/7 putting that show together. It moves like Bourne. And the writers all year long. All kinds of supporting actors and plots and sub plots. That cat that plays the guy who killed Lem deserves the Emmy for those episodes that followed where he was wrestling with his guilt and then coming to terms with himself and facing off with Mackey.

I think this is the gutiest show on the tube, ever, but it's pretty hard to take. Ain't no heroes here.

Lastly, I think that Julia Stiles is more interesting than any Bond girl, save maybe for Fatima Blush. Looking forward to seeing her reprise Nicki in a bigger role.

I don't see why people have such a hard time with Roger Moore. I mean, in my opinion, films like MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, LIVE AND LET DIE, MOONRAKER, and FOR YOUR EYES ONLY really helped carry the Bond series into new territory. We have a blaxploitation-styled Bond, a space Bond, and I think these films help keep Bond diverse and interesting. You can't just keep doing the same things. Although the Bond film that I truly love is ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, which I like not because of the Bond character, but I love the feel of that film. It's very unique and Diana Rigg is awesome in that film, plus it's probably the darkest of any of the Bond films.

There is something about the film FOR YOUR EYES ONLY though that really impresses me and I could watch this film a billion times and never get tired of it. I don't know why, just a great film. I suppose part of it has to do with the 'essence' that this Bond really captures the 80's so well. I think the ski-chase scene is one of the best out of any of the films and the Lotus' are awesome too! There are also some great underwater sequences (even if they are fake) and the newly restored DVD looks amazing!

I think everyone deserves to revisit these films after the most recent restoration and the improved soundtracks. I use to debate with an old friend of mine all the time about Bond and he never really cared for the films, then I found out that 1. he only saw about half of them (and not the good half either) and 2. he only saw them in P&S versions on regular TV with commercials and edited for time, plus cropped to death! Then I finally showed him LIVE AND LET DIE on DVD and he was blown away! He loved the New Orleans scenes, as do I.

For Yours Eyes Only

It's just that Connery was so tough to follow. He was suave in a real masculine way.

I almost mentioned that Eyes was the best of the Moore's. And Carol Bouquet the most beautiful of the Bond girls of the day. Fatima Blush was just for fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information