• Christine

0 0%
  • Le Mans

0 0%
  • Corvette Summer

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Great topic! Lot of little gems and guilty pleasures in this category. It's also a pretty far flung topic. Just some of the other movies I can think of that could fill out this topic include The Big Bus, Titanic, Airport, Stealth, Tucker, and even Seabiscuit.

From the list, I would probably put Speed up there just simply because it was a damn good thriller. Blue Thunder explores a lot of themes about privacy and technology, and it holds up pretty well even though the gizmos on that supercopter seem a lot closer to reality nowadays.

When I saw the topic header, the first movie that came to mind was The Road Warrior -- one of my all-time favorite movies of any genre.
    WOW Woo you hit a homerun with Tucker, many didn't see or remember that movie. But it was a good flick and it rang true in Tucker statements at the end about how we will be buying our cars from our enimies in the future. And how the powers that be can kill progress when they can't see the future themselves. Now back to the topic I was surprised I did not see DAYS OF THUNDER if you like racing, but Gone in 60 Seconds gets my vote.

As for the list I would go with Fast and Furious, cause I was apart of that life back in the early 80's in LA. I had a 75 ford pinto that was clocked at 14.5 in the quarter, not bad for a 4 banger with 9:1 compression pistons bored out 30 over and Holly 390 carb (4 barral) still wish I would have gotten those side drafts carbs. pure HP no NOX in my box but it was around back then. We would head down to Westwood early in the evening then around midnight we go over to FATburgers and see whats up. We do our racing over on Jefferson or Olympic.
    Last edited by recoveryone; 10-18-2005 at 07:53 AM.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Almost forgot, another good flick about Vehicles is Biker Boys, I liked it becaused I been around that life and I could identify with the story, and some of the Groups shown in the movie are still around today in the Southern California area. The stroy was base on real life Biker racing clubs in California
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    Almost forgot, another good flick about Vehicles is Biker Boys, I liked it becaused I been around that life and I could identify with the story, and some of the Groups shown in the movie are still around today in the Southern California area. The stroy was base on real life Biker racing clubs in California
    Burn rubber, not your soul!
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Red face Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    New additions:
    White Line Fever
    Seabiscuit
    That really bad Stephen King movie with Emilio Esteves and the possessed big rigs.
    "Maximum Overdrive" Similar story to Christine. Stephen Kings fascination with machines becoming sentient and evil.

Da Worfster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information