Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robin Hood (1922)

0 0%
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

4 40.00%
  • Rogues of Sherwood Forest (1950)

0 0%
  • The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952)

0 0%
  • Sword of Sherwood Forest (1960)

0 0%
  • Animated Robin Hood (1973)

1 10.00%
  • Robin and Marian (1976)

0 0%
  • Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

1 10.00%
  • Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

3 30.00%
  • Robin Hood (2010)

1 10.00%

Best Robin Hood film

Must admit that have not seen all of mentioned movies including Robin Hoods latest with Russel Crowe, so reserve my vote to see how this poll turns out.

Although enjoyed Mel brooks takes on sherwood forest in Men In Tights as he makes frequent comedic references to previous Robin Hood films. And Dom DeLuise as mob Godfather.

Ranked by release date:

Robin Hood (1922) The first feature silent with Douglas Fairbanks and a cast of thousands.

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) Errol Flynn as high energy Robin Hood and accompanied by Erich Korngold’s music score, this is probably the best universally known version.

Rogues of Sherwood Forest (1950) A son-of-Robin story, this time set in 1215 at the end of poor old King John’s reign.

The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952) Richard Todd is a stiff-upper-lipped Robin in an Disney-made version.

Sword of Sherwood Forest (1960) Richard Greene reprises his clean-cut Robin from the TV series.

Robin Hood (1973) Walt Disney’s animated version, with the characters recast as animals with Robin as a fox.

Robin and Marian (1976) Directed by Richard Lester, with Sean Connery as a truculent, ageing Robin.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) Starring Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman, with Sean Connery appearing as King Richard in the finale.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993) A Robin Hood with British accent and a white man who can’t jump.

Robin Hood (2010) Russell Crowe in Ridley Scott's new version.
    Last edited by Smokey; 02-10-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Hey Smoke...

Being old and decrepitated, there's only on Robin Hood for me. Erroll Flynn in the role that made him a star and put Technocolor on the map. Hands down... Da best.

Worf

Wasn't there a Bugs Bunny version?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Call me a redneck, but isn't there something fundementaly wrong with men wearing tights?

No offense to anyone here that actually wears tights.
    Last edited by Luvin Da Blues; 02-10-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

The fox

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The Errol Flynn version, not even close.

Bit O'trivia: nearly the same cast (several anyway) plus Ronnie Reagan, appeared in Sante Fe Trail which came out the same time and was shot in BW, the studio putting their money on Robin Hood and so that movie got the Techacolor budget; good call.
    Sante Fe Trail was a wildy fictional account of how the Civil War started.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    The Disney animated version came out at just the right time to hook my age group. When the soundtrack was passed down to my little brother all I ever heard around the house was "Robin Hood and Little John walking through the forest . . ." That's still stuck in my memory. He might as well have been wearing tights.

Thanks Everybody

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Wasn't there a Bugs Bunny version?
    Yes, but it only ran for about 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    Bit O'trivia: nearly the same cast (several anyway) plus Ronnie Reagan, appeared in Sante Fe Trail which came out the same time and was shot in BW, the studio putting their money on Robin Hood and so that movie got the Techacolor budget; good call.
    I imagine Errol Flynn was a bigger star than Ronnie Reagan back then, thus maybe why he got the bigger budget. Come to think of it, don't remember seeing any movies with Reagan in it.

Nobody have voted for Russel Crowe version, so I assume it does not measure up since have not seen it. Guess I vote for Men In Tights as my favorite, and Erro Flynn version as the best Robin Hood
    Last edited by Smokey; 02-11-2011 at 05:57 PM.

I voted for the Kostner version, (sorry, but I've tried but I just can't hate Kostner). Actually what I like best in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was Alan Rickman as the slimmy Sheriff of Nottingham.

Possibly the 1938 Errol Flynn versio was actually the best but I just don't like old movies. And then there's Robin Hood: Men in Tights: sorry again, but I hate Mel Brooks movies, (except Space Balls).

Thread Information