Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Worf101

Thread: "Downton Abbey" Season 3 or.... same as it ever was.

"Downton Abbey" Season 3 or.... same as it ever was.

The "Shirley and Maggie Show" is what I'd call this episode. Must say that "the blushing bride" is gettin' on my last nerve. Man ain't even your husband yet and you sweatin' him for cash. I'm not one for hittin' women buy ye gads they can move a man to do violence. If she's going to be like this all season I don't know if I can take another episode. She could have the money and her house but she wouldn't have me. Shirley and Maggie were magnificent, it was like watching Ali vs. Liston. Just when you thought Maggie had her on the ropes... wham, Shirl would counter with a quick combo and dance away.. well worth the price of admission.
    Worf

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Worf my post has nothing to do with the topic at hand but that should come as no surprise to anyone. I watched a show on HGTV about the home and it's history. Princess Diana grew up in that home and it has a very interesting history. They are allowing tourists and the filming of the show there to afford maintenance of the home. They spoke of the yard as a 300 acre park. Oh but to be a princess.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

John.... you of ALL people should know better than allow an opening like dat! LOL, but I do know what you mean. Still I think you'd be too nice to be a Princess. Not enough Diva in ya. But I may be wrong...

Worf
    JohnMichael likes this.

Suspended
    I just performed the copy protection for the Season 3 set. Not sure of the street date. I looked on the PBS site, but I see only the UK version and no pre-order for the Season 3 US version. I'm sure it will be available soon.

I also protected several US and Canadian versions of Breaking Dawn 2 and Alex Cross titles. It was a good year for year-end releases.

So... I'm safe to assume that there will be a Season 4 of D.A.? Is there any defined story arc, are they going to take it up to WWII, the Great Depression? Or are they simply going to ride this nag till she drops? I must say the idea of that Blonde Flapper being a main story line doesn't excite. Edith's never ending quest to lose her virginity (?) fails to excite. The whole Branson from Irish Rebel to landed gentry is less than riveting... What in God's good name are they going to write about?

Worf

Thread Information