Any Christmas favorites anybody?

I got a gander of Santa Claus Conquers the Matians a couple nights ago. Think Ed Wood makes a Christmas flick. You get guys wearing green tights with green facepaint that keeps wearing off for Martians, a guy in a Polar Bear costume, complete with large seam where his head goes on, Pia Zadora's film debut, Santa making the worst jokes I've ever heard, Spaceships made of plywood, special effects that could only have been created in a 3rd grade classroom, and much more. Made in 1964, if you want some kitchy Christmas fun, look for it wherever crappy movies can be found.

JSE
    Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are some of my favorites.

JSE

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Christmas Story - it's become a tradition in our house to have this on on Christmas Eve (the 24 hour marathon on TNT or TBS).

Christmas Vacation - we try to catch this at least once during the season.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - I recorded this from AMC, I think, a couple of years ago because it was so "bad" I thought it would never be aired again!

I've yet to watch It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street all the way through. They always seem to come on at the wrong time.

I did see an old black and white version of A Christmas Carol that stuck with me. There's a scene near the end when Scrooge wakes up on Christmas morning and he comes downstairs by sliding down the staircase bannister backwards. He's almost at the bottom when I tensed up anticipating his hitting a nob or decorative ball on the post at the end of the rail. There was none. I looked at my brother and he was thinking the same thing.

I've been in a "scrooged" mode the past few years. Gotta love David Johanssen as Christmas past and Carole "Oh,you like the ROUGH stuff" Kane as Christmas Present not to mention the ensemble "Put a little love in your heart" finale.

Great Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    I got a gander of Santa Claus Conquers the Matians a couple nights ago. Think Ed Wood makes a Christmas flick. You get guys wearing green tights with green facepaint that keeps wearing off for Martians, a guy in a Polar Bear costume, complete with large seam where his head goes on, Pia Zadora's film debut, Santa making the worst jokes I've ever heard, Spaceships made of plywood, special effects that could only have been created in a 3rd grade classroom, and much more. Made in 1964, if you want some kitchy Christmas fun, look for it wherever crappy movies can be found.
    Definitely Christmas Story (Are you crazy? You'll shoot your eye out!)
    Christmas Vacation (You know you want to decorate like Clark, admit it)
    Uncle Buck
    Dutch (awright, the last two aren't technically xmas movies, but they feel like it to me)
    The Santa Clause
    Elf

cam
    I have to see scrooged at least once, and I'm talking about scrooged with Bill Murray. In my grade 12 year back in 88/89 we had about 40 of us go see it in the theater. Ever since then I have to see it once a year. Brings back memories.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    I added a new one to my list. I watched Elf this morning with the family and really enjoyed it.

Forum Regular
    ........Bad Santa! I laughed my a$$ off.........Zapr.

Thread Information