"Always outnumbered": Laurence Fishburne at his best.

This HBO movie don't have any dazzling special effects or big production number. But it does have alot of heart.

Laurence Fishburne put in an incredible performance as an ex convict that try to better himself. But his past keep hunting him in every step of the way.

First, he get rid of the local drug dealer, and then confront a [fancy dressed] pimp in a diner....meanwhile trying to help a young boy avoid a path he himself took as a young kid. Very intense, but a refreshing look at a person trying to make up for what he did in the past.

Great flick. I've always like Fishburne. He has a certain intensity and menace in a lot of his characters. For some reason, his character in this movie reminded me a lot of his character in Boyz n' the Hood.

Talking Great Movie....

Underated actor. I think the worst thing that ever happened to him was this whole Matrix Schlock. I'd prefer to see him in real films as much as possible. Great drama, great story.

Da Worfster

Agree guys. Fishburne is much better actor playing "tough guy" roles than what he did in Matrix. He could be very intimidating.

Another actor which seem to have same tough macho guy present on the screen is Ving Rhames. He was perfectly casted as tough talking role in Pulp Fiction, but seem out of place in Mission Impossible movie

Thread Information