JSE

Any "Rescue Me" fans here?

So does anyone else keep up with this show? It's probably my second favorite show behind lost. Leary is just amazing in this role. Tatum O'neal is also pretty darn funny as well. She plays a great alcoholic, sex crazed head case. Ok, maybe "plays" is not the right word?

The seasons almost over but I have been trying to figure out the meaning of why he keeps tagging along on with the other shift on fire responses. He's going in like a ghost and saving people under everyone's radar. The other shift thinks they are seeing Jimmy's ghost. So, does Gavin have a death wish, is he on a religious/spiritual crusade, is he just bored, is he trying to make up for his past, is he just trying to get his mind off his pathetic life? I can't figure it out. Oh, and does anyone else think Charlie the dog is Jimmy?

Anyway, it's a great show. If you have not checked it out, go rent Season 1 and I can almost gurantee you will get hooked. I think this was the fourth season this year.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I've never seen it, but I'm a huge Dennis Leary fan. Is it an HBO show? Because if it is, we usually don't get access to it in Canada until a year or two later, unless we subscribe to the specialty channels that show it...which I don't do.

I didn't see the season finale of Six Feet Under until a year or two after it aired in the US!

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I've never seen it, but I'm a huge Dennis Leary fan. Is it an HBO show? Because if it is, we usually don't get access to it in Canada until a year or two later, unless we subscribe to the specialty channels that show it...which I don't do.

I didn't see the season finale of Six Feet Under until a year or two after it aired in the US!

It's on FX. If you are a huge Dennis Leary fan, you really need to watch this series. It''s easily one of the best Drama/Comedy shows out there and it pushes the limits of FX. Kindof like Nip/Tuck. This would be a great filler during the LOST drought. Leary is at his best in this role. I think it's his best work so far.

Leary is the main character but there are a ton of other amazing supporting actors and several different sub plots. Banging ex Nuns, Alcoholism, Murder, Adultery, Sex, more Sex, depression, mental illness, jail, etc.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    It sounds like I need to pick up the DVDs. I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks for the rec. Who knows, if I'd had this to watch at the beginning of the summer, maybe I wouldn't have had to watch Big Brother.

Ah, who am I kidding. I LIKE watching Big Brother.

Thread Information