Seedy lil crime dramas

I say "lil" because I mean ones that aren't that well known. I say "seedy" to mean some hard boiled characters. I got a gem that was even critically acclaimed but I'm gonna hang on to it til I see what you got. What's yer best shot?
    designer/manufacturer of custom made time and phase correcting real wool surrounds

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by jim goulding
    I say "lil" because I mean ones that aren't that well known. I say "seedy" to mean some hard boiled characters. I got a gem that was even critically acclaimed but I'm gonna hang on to it til I see what you got. What's yer best shot?
    hmmm... well generally all the well known ones are good because people know about 'em. but a lil gem most haven't seen i can think of is Albino Alligator.
    /create

How about the following.....

10th AND WOLF
    AGAINST THE WALL
    AT CLOSE RANGE
    HIGH SIERRA
    CONVOY
    CRIME OF THE CENTURY
    DARK BLUE
    HARPER
    WHITE HEAT
    THUNDERHEART

Albino Alligator. Not bad, and that IS what I'm talkin about. That's quite a cast in that flick to have remained so underground and one of the reasons may be because it plays like a stage play more than a movie. That, and because it is seedy!

Come on, Skies. I know you can do better than that altho I must admit to not having seen all of those. Thunderheart is one of my lady's favorite all time flicks. You know that cat that plays "Jimmy"? He was a leading Indian activist in the 70's, his poems are published and good, too. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a paycheck as a consultant, too, on that movie.
    designer/manufacturer of custom made time and phase correcting real wool surrounds

Mutant from table 9
    Here is one of the few movies I actually own. It doesn't get much seedier than this. Also the film improves with multiple viewings.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

You got that right! Here's a teaser for ya . . City of Ghosts filmed in Cambodia with Matt Dillon who directed and James Caan (I hope I didn't steal anybody's thunder). Natasha McElrone (that's undoubtedly a misspelling) has never looked so ravishing. The perfect girl for us romantic types. You saw her in Ronin if you don't recognize the name.
    Last edited by jim goulding; 10-08-2007 at 10:48 AM.

Mutant from table 9
    Natasha McElrone (that's undoubtedly a misspelling) has never looked so ravishing.

I've loved her for years. She's hot like a sophisticated Freedonian exchange student that you hang out with for a semester, who never quite warms up to you as much as you wish she would, constantly reminds you that boys from Freedonia are much cooler, and finally stops responding to your emails shortly after returning home even though her IM icon indicates that she is infact online and you just want your Basement Jaxx CDs back.

How's that for a simile?

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

You sound like the Matt Dillon character. Yeah, man. You got it. With that wry little smile and flowing hair in this flick, she's nothin short of mystical. Come back, Skies.

Time to bail

Ain't much goin on here so I'll bail with the tale of two cities . . City of Ghosts and City of Industry. Shout outs to Alligator and Close Range. Ya'll keep watching those superhero flicks.

Ain't much goin on here so I'll bail with the tale of two cities . . City of Ghosts and City of Industry. Shout outs to Alligator and Close Range. Ya'll keep watching those superhero flicks.
    Hey I mentioned a few....it's a shame that there isn't more activity going on around here and the majority of visitors to this site as well as the regulars are not exactly movie-buffs. Which you are already well aware of that. With the exception of a few of us there aren't too many keeping this section alive, thanks to Smokey and his usual polls and such we have a little activity now and again. I've offered to even be a moderator for this section since no one was moderating it for quite some time, but I never got any responses from the 'powers that be' which I don't think really exist.

Forum Regular
    [QUOTE=SlumpBuster]I've loved her for years. She's hot like a sophisticated Freedonian exchange student that you hang out with for a semester, who never quite warms up to you as much as you wish she would, constantly reminds you that boys from Freedonia are much cooler, and finally stops responding to your emails shortly after returning home even though her IM icon indicates that she is infact online and you just want your Basement Jaxx CDs back.

She is also great in Californication.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

The Bad Lieutenant! Whatsa matter witch yu dudes? Forget about Abel Ferrera? King of New York? The Funeral? Harvey Keitel played this pathetic dude to critical acclaim and grabbed one or two best actor nominations by some smaller organizations like New York Film Critics. Too depraved for the Oscars. Gimme some dirt, yo. Don't die on me.

Thread Information