Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

The 2 hour Ford Mustang Commercial

I watched the latest spin of Knight Rider last night (you remember, the show with the talking TRANS AM) and I'll tell ya, this is the first TV show I've ever watched where the commercials blended in seamlessly with the actual program. The acting was pitiful, and the plot was sooooo predictable. The only highlight of the entire disaster was the first chase scene where Kit (a Mustang GT 500 Slobra) couldn't outrun the baddies in the Ford Edge Crossover. Now THAT was funny. At the end of the show I was so glad to see Michael Knight make an appearance at the funeral (Too bad it wasn't the show's funeral ).

Anybody else want to share their horror story?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I did like the young actor. Well not enough to watch much of the show. Is creativity so dead that we have to rehash these old shows. Now if they brought back My Mother the Car we would have a hit.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I made the mistake of getting the wife to watch it with me. I thought is was going to be half way decent. Not so much. And now, she LIKES it. Nothing against Ford, but how many times are they going to put down TA's?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I'm soooooooo hoping Topspeed'll soon post in this thread!

While, a talking car may have been a shock in the 80's, why would anyone be shocked by it today? It's like the Get Smart syndrome. Sure, a ringing shoe was crazy in the 60's, but today, everything rings.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I think they used the writers from Ford Motor Company. Or were they marketing reps???
    Quote Originally Posted by JM
    Now if they brought back My Mother the Car we would have a hit.
    Ya know, I vaguely remember that show, but the title seems to be the only thing I remember about it.

Forum Regular
    I hope that will not become a trend with the blending of show and commercial, that was terrible.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Suspended
    Yeah, I thought infomercials were generally only about a 1/2 hour long.

Well....

You don't have to have a big nose to know a turd when you smell it. I avoided this crap. I love cars, love Fords own a classic 1956 Ford T-Bird and even I wouldn't watch this chit. Don't know how you boys got suckered so easy. I despised the original, may have watched 1 or 2 episodes, put it right down there with "The Dukes of Hazard" and "Charlies Angels". Sorry, just never could stomach the crap, let alone regurgitated crap.

Da Worfster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I haven't watched it yet, but it's sitting on my PVR...

Guys, is it really that bad? I'll be heartbroken if it is. I had hopes it would half way decent. But somehow, I suspected it would end up sucking. Remakes and rehashes rareley work, Battlestar Galactica being the exception.

So, watch it, or delete? Be honest....

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I haven't watched it yet, but it's sitting on my PVR...

Guys, is it really that bad? I'll be heartbroken if it is. I had hopes it would half way decent. But somehow, I suspected it would end up sucking. Remakes and rehashes rareley work, Battlestar Galactica being the exception.

So, watch it, or delete? Be honest....
    Misery loves company. You should watch it and take notes for us. Tell us what happened to, "conservation of momentum."

Suspended
    Take what you may from it Kex. Personaly I resent being made to sit through a 2 hour show that so blatently pushes a companies product but thinks the audience doesn't realize what's going on. But that's my beef with network TV in general. We're all just blind mice in the eyes of network execs.

Neilson ratings? What Neilson ratings?

Sorry Rich, I didn't even know it was on. If it was at the 9:00pm slot, I was watching Terminator:TSCC. I didn't watch the original and honestly see no reason to watch the regurgitated version either.

I mentioned in Kex's thread that I don't understand NBC's infatuation with reviving shows from the '80's. If they are supposed to appeal to Generation X'ers, such as myself, they are failing miserably. If I want to see a Cobra flung around, I'll watch Top Gear (which is infinitely more entertaining anyway).

There's only one good thing about this show's revival:

THE HOFF!!!

This ain't bad either...

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I would've prefered 2 hours at the Mustang Ranch.

Suspended
    Nice. Nice job Speedy. That's NOT how you were supposed to respond!!! I had my Ford Howitzer all cocked and loaded waiting for your relentless GM bashing!

Jerk!!!

And knock it off with the girly pics will ya?!?!?! You know dam well what my current situation is!

KR was on Sunday night, TSCC was on last night. And BTW, I'm becoming a bit suspicious of Cameron.

I like the pics Top. Keep'em coming.

Suspended
    Right on que GM! Yer soooooo eazy.

Maybe, but you still can't have me.

For the record, I don't GM bash. I simply stated that fact that the F car hasn't been in production for a while now while the Mustang merrily marches on to the tune of 160,000 sales per year. It's too bad the financing numbers on the Shelby are so crappy, I could have bought a white w/ blue stripe GT500 @ msrp. That's saying something considering they are still (unbelievably) fetching $15k over. Honestly, if the Camaro was out, I'd have a black one in my garage. Truth.

And BTW, I'm becoming a bit suspicious of Cameron.
    No doubt. Why would she put the chip in her pocket? Plus, she mentioned that some of them turn, but they don't know why?

Hmmm...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    For the record, I don't GM bash. I simply stated that fact that the F car hasn't been in production for a while now while the Mustang merrily marches on to the tune of 160,000 sales per year. It's too bad the financing numbers on the Shelby are so crappy, I could have bought a white w/ blue stripe GT500 @ msrp. That's saying something considering they are still (unbelievably) fetching $15k over. Honestly, if the Camaro was out, I'd have a black one in my garage. Truth.
    Funny, I saw a blue Cobra with white stripe yesterday at lunch, still with dealer tags on it. It's like somebody watched the show then went right to the dealer and bought one. Ironic. It sure was one sweet lookin ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy
    No doubt. Why would she put the chip in her pocket? Plus, she mentioned that some of them turn, but they don't know why?

Hmmm...
    It would suck if she got killed off. She's a hot little number with lips just made for....... well, nevermind.

Is this morphing into a Terminator thread? Put me down as a Summer fan as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suspended
    I guess it is. That's fine since I started it anyway.

MAN is she a sweet young thang er what?

She was my favorite character from Serenity/Firefly. Got to love a hot chick/killing machine.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    She was my favorite character from Serenity/Firefly. Got to love a hot chick/killing machine.
    Uma in "Kill Bill" pops into my head. She's baaaaaad aaaasssss!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    My wife and I turned over our vehicles in January. Our kids are off at college - no need for an suv anymore. I went a little more conservative, but wifey was a Mustang girl before we got married. She gave up her Mustang to drive the "family" vehicle. So...I did a little research and discovered the Mustang GT/California Special. The original CS was sold exclusively in Cal. in '67 & '68.

Ours qualified for the FMC special financing rates and/or current rebates. We were able to locate the one that had everything we wanted - ext. color, interior colors (2-toned), etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 2 hour Ford Mustang Commercial-stang-resize.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information