Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mutant from table 9
    I got a horror story.

As some of you may know, I was born and raised in Detroit and come from GM and Ford families. Throw in the fact that my wife use to work for Bosch (read: Audi) and I am a truly confused man. I simultaneously lust after the Mustang, the Camaro and the A8L.

But, I was in grade school when Knight Rider was originally on. Ever since, I have wanted a third generation Camaro. I know KITT was a Trans-Am, but the IROC is much more stylin'. Alas, it was never to be. My teens and 20s were spent IROCless. So, jump to the present and third generations in good stock condition can be had for as little as $4,000.00, with IROCs going for a bit more. "Sweet adulthood!" I thought. I'm finally getting an IROC. Yeah, so turns out I never really paid attention to what was under the hoods of those things. Apparently GM had a bunch of hamsters and wheels to get rid of, so they loaded them into the third generation F cars. My Saturn has more horsepower and torque than any third generation stock Camaro including the IROCS. My wife's Buick has more horsepower! And, for the car nuts that know why the 3rd gen was so aneamic, I do too. At least, now I do.

Long story short (too late), I'm cruising Ebay looking for project Jeep Wranglers, instead. Who needs pavement anyway?

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Niicceee!

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    My wife and I turned over our vehicles in January. Our kids are off at college - no need for an suv anymore. I went a little more conservative, but wifey was a Mustang girl before we got married. She gave up her Mustang to drive the "family" vehicle. So...I did a little research and discovered the Mustang GT/California Special. The original CS was sold exclusively in Cal. in '67 & '68.

Ours qualified for the FMC special financing rates and/or current rebates. We were able to locate the one that had everything we wanted - ext. color, interior colors (2-toned), etc.
    Just too sweet, deano.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Just too sweet, deano.
    Thanks, bob. That's probably the most exciting thing we've done for ourselves in a long time.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Ya gotta remind yourself why you get out of bed every morning...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I'm soooooooo hoping Topspeed'll soon post in this thread!
    Dammit! I got a greenie from speedy for this one.

Dammit! I got a greenie from speedy for this one.
    Hey look. You're in the rough now.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I might as well just kill myself now and get it over with.... Uh oh, looks like the anti-psycho drugs ain't working.

Maybe you just need a stronger dosage.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

My wife and I turned over our vehicles in January. Our kids are off at college - no need for an suv anymore. I went a little more conservative, but wifey was a Mustang girl before we got married. She gave up her Mustang to drive the "family" vehicle. So...I did a little research and discovered the Mustang GT/California Special. The original CS was sold exclusively in Cal. in '67 & '68.

Ours qualified for the FMC special financing rates and/or current rebates. We were able to locate the one that had everything we wanted - ext. color, interior colors (2-toned), etc.
    Very nice, Dino! That is a seriously hot ride!

I wish my wife was more like yours. I've been a fan of the latest gen from the moment I saw the concept car at the show. Unfortunately, she's put the kibosh on any chance of me getting one despite my reasoned arguments (it's American made, it has to be more reliable than the M, easy to mod, reasonably priced, blahblahblah). It all falls on deaf ears. For whatever reason, they just don't do it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    Thanks, bob. That's probably the most exciting thing we've done for ourselves in a long time.
    Hey, I'm as devout a gearhead as they come, but I'm sure there's something you've done recently that was more exciting!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Very nice, Dino! That is a seriously hot ride!

I wish my wife was more like yours. I've been a fan of the latest gen from the moment I saw the concept car at the show. Unfortunately, she's put the kibosh on any chance of me getting one despite my reasoned arguments (it's American made, it has to be more reliable than the M, easy to mod, reasonably priced, blahblahblah). It all falls on deaf ears. For whatever reason, they just don't do it for her.
    Oh that's going to win you lots of points!

Kam
    pics!! let's see this badboy!! er.. badgirl!
    /create

just for you, Kam. Speedy has me tongue-tied. I thought I said "for ourselves" not "to ourselves"...ugghh...I'm gonna get myself in trouble.

My wife is the photographer. Here are some shots from a roadtrip we took the day after getting the 'stang:
    Attached Images Attached Images          

And one more while stopped at an abandoned school.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kam
    just for you, Kam. Speedy has me tongue-tied. I thought I said "for ourselves" not "to ourselves"...ugghh...I'm gonna get myself in trouble.

My wife is the photographer. Here are some shots from a roadtrip we took the day after getting the 'stang:
    oooooooooooo that's a perrrty red!!
    /create

The acting was pitiful, and the plot was sooooo predictable.

So, yer saying it was just like the original show. Its just like when people lament the remakes of other TV shows, like the movie versions of Mod Squad and Dukes Of Hazard, saying that the script is flimsy and the acting terrible. But what could you expect?

You can't pollish a turd.

Suspended
    Has there been another episode of this show? It's been over three weeks since it's debut right?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Pretty sure this was just a 1 off special, not a TV series, Rich.

If it's as bad as you guys say, good riddance. I have such fond memories of the original series that I couldn't bring myself to watch this one.

And one more while stopped at an abandoned school.
    That's smokin'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    That's smokin'!!!
    Thanks, speedy. My only regret is that we've only made the one real road trip so far. Driving it to and from work (when it's my turn to drive it) is just enough to piss me off. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised by the build quality and performance of the 'stang. The CS package may be a little extravagant, but it sure is sweet!

We're taking it to check out the Georgia Wine Highway Tour at the end of this month for our anniversary. Here's a link that includes some info. http://www.georgiawine.com/calendar.html

Sporty red car going from winery to winery...hmmm...might as well wear a Georgia Highway Patrol target on my ass.

Suspended

TSCC Tonite!

I assume everyone IS aware that "Knight Rider" is now a series that starts in a couple of weeks right?

And "Terminator: TSCC" starts tonite!

Looking good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 2 hour Ford Mustang Commercial-term.jpg  

Suspended
    Cameron's got a big gun!!!

Take what you may from it Kex. Personaly I resent being made to sit through a 2 hour show that so blatently pushes a companies product but thinks the audience doesn't realize what's going on. But that's my beef with network TV in general. We're all just blind mice in the eyes of network execs.

Uhh, no offense, friend, but WAKE UP!!

Product endorsement is here to stay, duder....Take a good look at the shows and pay attention to the sponsors. You'd be amazed

Sweet rides, everybody. I had a '68 'Stang before somebody hit my rear and made the quarterpanels look like an accordion....
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Uhh, no offense, friend, but WAKE UP!!

Product endorsement is here to stay, duder....Take a good look at the shows and pay attention to the sponsors. You'd be amazed.
    Disgusted would probably be a better word. All I got out of that "pilot" show was that it was a big advertisement for the Mustang. While it did have a plot ( ) it came across to me as a 2 hr. Ford commercial.

I know advertising is a way of life in this Capitalist society, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, or watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aa
    Sweet rides, everybody. I had a '68 'Stang before somebody hit my rear and made the quarterpanels look like an accordion....
    Too bad. What kind of 'stang was it?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Disgusted would probably be a better word. All I got out of that "pilot" show was that it was a big advertisement for the Mustang. While it did have a plot ( ) it came across to me as a 2 hr. Ford commercial.

I know advertising is a way of life in this Capitalist society, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, or watch it.
    So true. Stay away from that Terminator show, it'll just be full of commercial breaks anyway. Cozy up with a good book instead. Want some recommendations?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information