Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Suspended PeruvianSkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,373

    10 Movies I want to see on Blu-ray, NOW!

    While there are far more than 10 movies, here are at least a few random ones that I am eager to see on Blu-ray........what are some of yours???

    1. YEAR OF THE DRAGON - something needs to make up for the washed out DVD issue from MGM

    2. KOYAANISQATSI - deserves a lossless soundtrack, it was available at one time on DVD-A.

    3. WOLFEN - would love to hear a lossless 5.1 mix, instead of the surround mix on the DVD issue.

    4. WESTWORLD - an often forgotten Michael Crichton gem.

    5. FAR FROM HEAVEN - super lush and gorgeous film from 2002 starring Julianne Moore, beautiful Elmer Bernstein score.

    6. REAL GENIUS - hilarious and campy 80's comedy from director Martha Coolidge. Shot in scope by Vilmos Zsigmond (THE DEER HUNTER).

    7. HEAVEN'S GATE - gorgeous, sweeping epic film that has been long overdue in a quality form, the RYKO soundtrack is good, but a lossless mix of this films David Mansfield score would be incredible.

    8. MAN WHO WASN'T THERE - wonderful Coen Brother film in black and white, also a great simple score that would be beautiful on Blu.

    9. THE BIG LEBOWSKI - another Coen Bros film, but I have worn the DVD out and it's pretty lackluster to begin with.

    10. LAURA - one of my all time favorite classics, either this or SUNSET BOULEVARD would be a nice addition to the format.

  2. #2
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    My list is pretty short since I don't yet own a BR player. Buying myself one for xmas tho. I'll just be happy to have HDMI output for dvd and get the upsampling for regular DVDs.

    I doubt it's gonna be out on BR anytime soon but the Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come" would probably look super in BR format.

  3. #3
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,826
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    While there are far more than 10 movies, here are at least a few random ones that I am eager to see on Blu-ray........what are some of yours???

    1. YEAR OF THE DRAGON - something needs to make up for the washed out DVD issue from MGM

    2. KOYAANISQATSI - deserves a lossless soundtrack, it was available at one time on DVD-A.

    3. WOLFEN - would love to hear a lossless 5.1 mix, instead of the surround mix on the DVD issue.

    4. WESTWORLD - an often forgotten Michael Crichton gem.

    5. FAR FROM HEAVEN - super lush and gorgeous film from 2002 starring Julianne Moore, beautiful Elmer Bernstein score.

    6. REAL GENIUS - hilarious and campy 80's comedy from director Martha Coolidge. Shot in scope by Vilmos Zsigmond (THE DEER HUNTER).

    7. HEAVEN'S GATE - gorgeous, sweeping epic film that has been long overdue in a quality form, the RYKO soundtrack is good, but a lossless mix of this films David Mansfield score would be incredible.

    8. MAN WHO WASN'T THERE - wonderful Coen Brother film in black and white, also a great simple score that would be beautiful on Blu.

    9. THE BIG LEBOWSKI - another Coen Bros film, but I have worn the DVD out and it's pretty lackluster to begin with.

    10. LAURA - one of my all time favorite classics, either this or SUNSET BOULEVARD would be a nice addition to the format.
    I am sure they will hit Blu ray, but it will be a while I am sure. Catalog sales suck right now, and the only thing pushing Blu ray forward in this economy is new releases. Some of these titles won't be out for years, if ever.

    Right now only the well known classic movies are being restored and released on Blu ray. None of these movies really rise to that level.

    I doubt Year of the Dragon will be released anytime soon. MGM is not doing well financially, and right now its sale is being negotiated. A lot of studios bid on MGM, but were not willing to pay $2 Billion dollars for it. Word on the street has Spyglass Entertainment looking to buy.
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  4. #4
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,363
    Here's my list, in no certain order...

    1. Suspend a Monkey
    2. Banning of the Shrew
    3. He Left, He Came, He Left
    4. Monkeyman 5
    5. Oh So Many names
    6. Hypocrisy St.
    7. Fluffy Thread, Tin Ear
    8. Nothing to Really Share
    9. Losers Never Win
    10. Stinky Cheese, Stinky Thread

    YEEEE HAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

    Now let's get on with what we do best, talking about audio...see ya fella.

  5. #5
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Here's my list, in no certain order...

    1. Suspend a Monkey
    2. Banning of the Shrew
    3. He Left, He Came, He Left
    4. Monkeyman 5
    5. Oh So Many names
    6. Hypocrisy St.
    7. Fluffy Thread, Tin Ear
    8. Nothing to Really Share
    9. Losers Never Win
    10. Stinky Cheese, Stinky Thread

    YEEEE HAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

    Now let's get on with what we do best, talking about audio...see ya fella.
    Is this any way for a mod to be posting? I'm just sayin'...

  6. #6
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Is this any way for a mod to be posting? I'm just sayin'...
    Yes, it is. I'm just sayin...

    I upheld your special code of conduct for some time, so as to not pour fuel on the fire. I ignored the PM's and endless bait in the threads. So will you allow me this one moment to vent? Is that ok with you?!?

    I'm just sayin...

  7. #7
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Yes, it is.

    I upheld your special code of conduct for some time,
    Not quite sure what that means but, alrighty then.

    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    I ignored the PM's and endless bait in the threads.
    I don't recall sending you a PM, only JohnMichael, Woochifer, and PSkies.

    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    So will you allow me this one moment to vent? Is that ok with you?!?
    Have at it, it was a waste of my time anyway.

  8. #8
    ride a jet ski Tarheel_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    661
    13th warrior for me...great flick - bad DVD copy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •