TSH
    Forum Regular

Universal Player with Random Play

I am looking for a universal-type player that will support random or shuffle play of mp3 files off a CD. I would also like it to play regular CDs as well. This is for my backyard system and will be connected as the only source to an integrated amp that I have in my cabana. I have a bunch of CDs burned with hundreds of mp3 files, but I would like the variety of random play.

Many of the players I have looked at, as well as my own DVD players in the house that support mp3 playback, do not allow random play of mp3 files even while they do allow it for a regular CD.

Any thoughts?

Ya I have the same problem,

Two things I do as a work about for casual listening (not critical listening)

1) Burn a MP3 in random order and play that straight

2) I have my computer hooked up to my receiver and use play lists in random order

I am going to watch this thread closely for responses 'cause I would also like a player that can do this for more discerning listening
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

TSH
    Forum Regular
    Most of the mp3 discs I would play are actually "mixed" discs anyway. But, it seems I get used to them to some degree and "expect" the next song. I would like to gain the element of surprise.

I had thought of the computer thing but dont want to leave a relatively expensive piece of equipment sitting in a cabana, not to mention the space issue. One other option would be an mp3 player, assuming that you could do a random play within specific playlists.

Thread Information