• 03-05-2010, 04:37 AM
    norsk
    UDAC or HRT-MUSICSTREAMER DAC? advice appreciated
    Hello Fellow Forum Members:confused5:

Hope you guys have a little patience:sleep: it is required where I am concerned?
    I had originally being asking for advice relating to BX5 Actives to partner my Dell Laptop studio 17 32bit .and had received some very welcome and useful feedback..both here and on other forums?for which I was very grateful....as far as the Actives are concerned I was more than convinced..I should go for the Audioengine A5s instead of the Bx5a so this is what I have done.

I had even begun to understand a bit more about Computer Audio,Dacs,Amps e.t.c.
    Then by chance I stumbled across the MUSIC DIRECT web site? anyway one of there guys suggested I should look at there HRT-MUSICSTREAMER DAC as an alternative to the Nu-Force UDAC?which as being highly recommeded by many folk...

must admit I was very impressed by the sales pitch..so I thought before I commit to buying anything I would find out as much as I possibly could abou the HRT-MUSICSTREAMER DAC especially first~Hand user feedback,and weather it is worth considering?.......I really need to get this right..as I am an expert in wasting money!!

I was also looking at trying to intigrate a portable element for my Sandisk Sansa Fuse Mp3 Player & Grado 60 i headphones!..but felt it was far more important to try and get the main items right.I prefer the idea of non full size components(could be very useful in the future?)

The following is the latest communication from MusicDirect:
    I would really love to hear from anyone with knowledge of HRT-MUSICSTREAMER DAC and the cable upgrades mentioned in the text... and weather all together this would be a worthwhile investment.I am in the process of ordering the A5s and the Grados are on there way.I have no chance to audition anything so feedback is essential to me..

Quote:

Briefly, the HRT “Plus” offers much better parts quality, yielding much better sound. It is significant.

You will need two cables. One is called the “Kimber USB” cable. I recommend the pure silver version, found here: MUSICDIRECT - KIMBER - SILVER B-BUS HIGH SPEED USB CABLE

The second is made by Audioquest and is an analog interconnect. The model I recommend can be found here: MUSICDIRECT - AUDIOQUEST - COPPERHEAD (PR)
    Look forward very much to hearing further

Many Thanks

Steve:)

:Current Manifest:-

DELL STUDIO 17-32 BIT LAPTOP
    AUDIOENGINE A5 ACTIVE SPEAKERS?
    GRADO 60 I HEADPHONES
    SANDISK SANSA FUSE 8GB MP3 PLAYER