Suspended

3D Vision Computer System

Has anyone put together a 3D Vision capable computer system? I'm researching the purchase of a system. I have the ability to build a system myself, but would appreciate input from those who have a capable systems and can provide feedback for any "gotchas" they've encountered. I'm most concerned with movies rather than gaming based around an NVIDIA 9 Series GTX+ video card, Intel 5i/7i processor, DDR3 RAM. Specific questions are:

What motherboard have you chosen and why?

How much RAM is enough for watching movies?

Are you aware of any 3D Vision computer/3D glasses pkgs, should I go the full system route?

What monitor do you have/like?

I work for a DVD/Blu-ray disk manufacturer and would like to use the system for testing and QA.

nightflier
    Well I haven't done much 3D on our systems, but on the hardware side, I would recommend a system designed for video editing (fastest processor(s) you can afford and lost of ram and video memory. Also check out a company called Matrox. They used to be on the bleeding edge a few years ago and I had a contact there, but things have changed. They're still at it though, and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Thread Information