Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Smile Altec Lansing BXR1121

These are my newest PC speakers I got and they have alot of bass that I can feel. Also the sound is very clear since it has only 8% THD most this price range have 10%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Altec Lansing BXR1121-img_0466-512x384.jpg   Altec Lansing BXR1121-img_0468-512x384.jpg   Altec Lansing BXR1121-img_0469-512x384.jpg   Altec Lansing BXR1121-img_0470-512x384.jpg   Altec Lansing BXR1121-img_0471-512x384.jpg  

Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

You sure do go through a lot of speakers. What do you do with all your older sets?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I have returned all the ones I had before since all of them were before 30 days. But I have really learned alot about each speakers and how they sound that's forsure. Some have more bass some have more highs and mids. Also some have more features and power etc. I really noticed that every speaker has there own thing and that's really interesting and no wonder there are soo many speakers out there since every person has the sound they like and since they are soo many speakers out there everyone can find the right set for them. So I guess basicaly if you like the sound of a speaker you hear then you should get it and it doesn't matter what price they are or brand etc as long as you like them then that's the best for you. I know some people like boom box speakers and they think that's great and as long as you enjoy them then that's what counts. So me liking speakers that cost around $20 or ones that cost $300 pair shouldn't matter as long as I like the sound of them. I remember my dad saying this too since he is a pro drummer and he goes to recording studios and listens to allkinds of speakers. He really did say to me that as long as you like the sound then that's what matters the most. He said don't worry about the price or anything if it sounds good to you then keep them.

Anyways I just as I said have been trying out many kinds of speakers to see which one I enjoy the most within my budget of cource.
    Dallas's Forums

That reminds me there is actualy the same kind of speakers but just without the sub for the ones I use right now and they are $10 cheaper meaning $19.95 instead of $29.95. At Walmart they had the one without the sub for $14.63 the model number is BXR1120. I listened to those too and they sound really good since they also have only 8% THD. Just that they didn't have the low end as much as the one I have with the sub that costs $24.88. The model number for my current speakers with sub is BXR1121. Retail price for the BXR1120 the one without the sub is $19.95 pair and the BXR1121 with the sub that I have now is $29.95.
    Dallas's Forums

Also I can say that my speakers that has the sub goes from 30hz to 20kHz so that's really amazing. Pretty much I hear the full spectrum of sound and it's really true I do hear everything and low to highs. The other one without sub only goes from 100hz to 20kHz which is pretty good for a speaker that is only 2 and a half inch. I know forsure that both the mids and highs sound exactly the same since both are exactly same speakers just only difference is one has a sub to add the low bass that is lower than 100hz.

Also what is cool is that the BXR1121 has both bass and treble controls so I can adjust my sound to the way I like it unlike most speakers this price range. The BXR1120 one without the sub has only power, volume and tone controls. Mine is has power, volume, bass and treble controls. I guess technicaly the tone control on the BXR1120 is just like the treble control one the one I have. I think the reason why the BXR1120 doesn't have bass control is since if it did it would probley blow the drivers easily since they are soo small.

So basicaly I can think it this way.

Bass control to adjust the power level of the sub and I can pretend that the treble control is like tone control. I think they just worded it differently on the one I have but the treble control works exactly the same as tone control on the BXR1120.

SOOOO this shows that the BXR1120 without the sub can only control the treble since the tone control works exactly the same as treble control on my BXR1121 speakers with the sub.
    Last edited by SpankingVanillaice; 03-25-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    Dallas's Forums

To get to the point I think these are both the greatest affordable speakers I ever seen. I like both the BXR1120 and the BXR1121. I picked the BXR1121 since I wanted to have full spectrum of sound meaning I can both hear the low lows and the highs. Basicaly I wanted to hear music under 100hz more. But I do have to say the BXR1120 sounds really great to me. But remember to ME they sound great doesn't mean they sound good to you since most of you guys here have alot of money and can get very expensive speakers that cost over $500 or more. But I think overall as I said are the best speakers for the price.
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I remember my dad saying........ ... that as long as you like the sound then that's what matters the most. He said don't worry about the price or anything if it sounds good to you then keep them.
    Your Dad's a wise man, enjoy your new speakers.

LDB
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I have returned all the ones I had before since all of them were before 30 days. But I have really learned alot about each speakers and how they sound that's forsure. Some have more bass some have more highs and mids. Also some have more features and power etc. I really noticed that every speaker has there own thing and that's really interesting and no wonder there are soo many speakers out there since every person has the sound they like and since they are soo many speakers out there everyone can find the right set for them. So I guess basicaly if you like the sound of a speaker you hear then you should get it and it doesn't matter what price they are or brand etc as long as you like them then that's the best for you. I know some people like boom box speakers and they think that's great and as long as you enjoy them then that's what counts. So me liking speakers that cost around $20 or ones that cost $300 pair shouldn't matter as long as I like the sound of them. I remember my dad saying this too since he is a pro drummer and he goes to recording studios and listens to allkinds of speakers. He really did say to me that as long as you like the sound then that's what matters the most. He said don't worry about the price or anything if it sounds good to you then keep them.

Anyways I just as I said have been trying out many kinds of speakers to see which one I enjoy the most within my budget of cource.
    This is one of the smartest things you, or anyone else, has ever said here.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

This guy sounds like a broken record

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    This guy sounds like a broken record
    But at least he's learning. He is on the same quest that many of us are on. His budget is just a little different. Maybe his next leasson will be to stick with what he has for a while and save up for a more substantial upgrade.

This guy can't be as dumb as he lets on here...it has to be an "act" for attention and screw with everyone. A truly stupid person would have moved on by now...I think Flo's right, enough is enough already...he hasn't made one useful post on this board ever to try and answer a question or made any kind of meaningful contribution to benefit someone else. I think this actually hurts a forum...even if it is funny in a twisted sort of way.
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBC
    This guy can't be as dumb as he lets on here...it has to be an "act" for attention and screw with everyone. A truly stupid person would have moved on by now...I think Flo's right, enough is enough already...he hasn't made one useful post on this board ever to try and answer a question or made any kind of meaningful contribution to benefit someone else. I think this actually hurts a forum...even if it is funny in a twisted sort of way.
    Thank you..

At least I noticed that when I had the Altec Lansing speakers I didnt have much as problem on defective stuff. Some were of cource but not as much as Philips. But is Altec Lansing a better brand than Philips for PC or multimedia type of speakers? There were few sets of the Philips MMS321 speakers that worked fine but alot I noticed had problems like one woofer not moving the same as the other one or one tweeter has no sound and the other tweeter has sound. Also sometimes like the current one I' am using had problem with sealing the enclosure completly.
    Dallas's Forums

Ajani

1st off CONGRATULATIONS on moving your computer speaker reviews/picture sessions/blogs to the correct part of this site - Computer Audio

2nd - That post is the absolute truth about audio... buy what you like!!!!

3rd - Like others I still think you're probably just a Troll, but at least you've said one useful truth about audio....

4th - Stop changing out ultra-cheap speakers on the 30 days trade in policy and try settling on one pair untill you can afford to save up for something better..... Trust me on this - It's MUCH better to stick with something crappy and wait till you have saved enough to get something you will really enjoy, than to keep trading crappy for equally crappy... this is why I haven't purchased my new audio setup yet (still have a few months to go), since what I really want will take awhile to save up for... so I refuse to settle for something inferior that will only dissapoint me in the long run....

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBC
    He does list his listening style as "Audiophile". Are there Audiophile class speakers out there for 20 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    He does list his listening style as "Audiophile". Are there Audiophile class speakers out there for 20 bucks?
    You read it hear so it must be true.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I got my Altec Lansing BXR1121 speakers back since I kinda made the Philips one look bad since the glue.
    Dallas's Forums

Ajani
    I got my Altec Lansing BXR1121 speakers back since I kinda made the Philips one look bad since the glue.
    Your dealer let you return the Philips after you messed them up? That's one really nice dealer.

Thread Information