Unhappy are all coaxial & optical input output the same?

in my systems is "A" (Yamaha CD-S700 and a Emotiva XDA-1) now here's the thing

the XDA-1 (will not) accept or pass the digital signal from the CD-S700, neither from the coaxial or optical output!! this dilemma maybe one in a hundred or one in a million I don't know, but what ever the numbers are I'm one of them

now" Emotiva did exchange XDA-1 for me, by giving me a brand new one, which I never open for almost two months, however the same problem exist

booth players works great and interact seamlessly with every thing else, the XDA-1 accept digital source from about ten other CDP/DVD/BR players and the computers (but not the Yamaha)

the Yamaha works perfectly with every pre/pro that I hooked up to it including accepting (USB) source. (therefore as far as yamaha is concern the CD-S700 is just fine!! "I'm going to have to live with it but these little things makes you wanna

any ideas, whats happening here??
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

WOW things like that will have you pulling your hair out
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Do you have PURE DIRECT turned on (on the disc player)?

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post
    Do you have PURE DIRECT turned on (on the disc player)?
    NO" not during the times when I'm trying to get booth players to work together in coaxial or optical mode.... but the (PD) works flawlessly otherwise that's what I used mostly with the headphone amp.

oh noob, I forget to mentioned!! that the CD-S700 "also doesn't work with another unit a (09 version Zero, dac/headphone amplifier) which BTW works with all other digital source and computer.

at that time I thought the reason was maybe because of cheap parts from (HK) 90 bucks shipped, and it was a good value anyway, therefore I didn't looked into it any further..... today I remember about it I hooked them back up same deal as the XDA1

WOW things like that will have you pulling your hair out
    you got that right "recovery"
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hello really post here............!

Forum Regular

Hello Winston

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    in my systems is "A" (Yamaha CD-S700 and a Emotiva XDA-1) now here's the thing

the XDA-1 (will not) accept or pass the digital signal from the CD-S700, neither from the coaxial or optical output!! this dilemma maybe one in a hundred or one in a million I don't know, but what ever the numbers are I'm one of them

now" Emotiva did exchange XDA-1 for me, by giving me a brand new one, which I never open for almost two months, however the same problem exist

booth players works great and interact seamlessly with every thing else, the XDA-1 accept digital source from about ten other CDP/DVD/BR players and the computers (but not the Yamaha)

the Yamaha works perfectly with every pre/pro that I hooked up to it including accepting (USB) source. (therefore as far as yamaha is concern the CD-S700 is just fine!! "I'm going to have to live with it but these little things makes you wanna

any ideas, whats happening here??
    I was just reviewing the online owners manual for both products. I see that the Emotiva has 2 Toslink and 2 Coax input options....so just wondering if you have tried only connecting one input and trying that one only just to see if maybe both can't be connected at the same time or maybe the unit defaults to either coax or toslink?

thanks Leroy,
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I was just reviewing the online owners manual for both products. I see that the Emotiva has 2 Toslink and 2 Coax input options....so just wondering if you have tried only connecting one input and trying that one only just to see if maybe both can't be connected at the same time or maybe the unit defaults to either coax or toslink?
    thanks Leroy, but I've tried all one by one Toslink & coaxial connections, plus connecting four player, and switching them around, the bottom line is there's a complex problem with these units.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

Any luck yet, Winston? I've still been wondering and thinking on it.

penny for your thoughts man
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post
    Any luck yet, Winston? I've still been wondering and thinking on it.
    thanks Noob, no, nothing as yet, no luck with this weird problem, and it gets a little "perplexing" due to the fact that its not easy talk to a live person in the yamaha support office

the closest "Yamaha authorized service center" for (separates audio components) is in Pompano beach Fl. about 25 miles from my zip code, which is kinda sorta weird looking back four years ago one could find at least four or five yammi S C in any direction from north Miami beach

in the mean time I'll just take me a "chill pill" until after the holidays pass.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Wow...sorry to hear that. I have the Emotiva DAC-1 and it woprks very well with my NAD CD player......I have the 521i....want to upgrade it to something better....any recommendations? Jo-Lida perhaps?

hi all, I'm finally getting some closure with this CD-S700 & XDA-1 Coaxial & Toslink problems, the Yamaha tech called me today with some good news, informing me that there's a (Refurbish CD-S700 waiting for me to picked up along with my XAD-1) and every things working perfectly

(so yes noob, there's some Luck after all)

I had drop off (XDA-1 and the CD-S700) at the same time so that the technician's could operate them together, and also with other units,that way they would be able to find out which one is the culprit, and they did.

at the least there's a "closure" an that problem, tomorrow I'll try to get over there and get my stuff, Amen to that
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

Forum Regular
    Good news! I was wondering what the outcome of the technical non compliance between both units turned out. So, did you take the "blue chill pill or the red chill pill" and how far down the rabbit hole did you go?
    My audio lab:
    Qinpu A-6000 MK ll Integrated Amp
    Blue Marble Audio Speaker Wire
    Tannoy Mercury V4
    HHB CDR-850
    Grant Fidelity DAC-11/Phillips 7DJ8 tube

Parasound Zamp V.3/Parasound ZPre2 Preamp
    Signal Cable Analog 2 Speaker Wire
    Dali Ikon 2 mk 2
    Marantz SACD/DVD DV6001
    Stello DA 100 Signature DAC

HT:
    Arcam AVR 200
    Signal Cable Classic Speaker Cable
    Mirage Nanosat
    Rel R-528 Subwoofer
    Marantz SACD/DVD DV6001

Various power cords, I.C.'s, optical, coax, and analog cables.

Thread Information