• 08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
    Spectrum Analyzer on my TV Screen
    Does anyone know of an inexpensive way to display the equivalent of a spectrum analyzer on a TV screen? I'm looking for something like the windows media player images when I'm listening to my MP3's, but with more usefull information. I want to be able to see what I'm hearing. This shouldn't be rocket science, right?
  • 08-20-2004, 05:18 PM
    Woochifer
    Toshiba included a visualization mode on some of its DVD players a couple of years ago for use when playing back CDs or DVD-As. But, I don't think it went over all that well, and they no longer include it (or at least, they don't highlight it on the feature list).

The only solution I can think of is to run a S-video cable from your computer, and use whatever spectrum analyzer you want there.
  • 08-23-2004, 12:17 PM
    Another idea?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer
    ...The only solution I can think of is to run a S-video cable from your computer...

Ah, yes, that was my initial idea, too, but I don't have a computer anywhere near my TV room.

Now, someone suggested that maybe there was a spectrum analyser out there that had a video-out. Now, I don't have a lot of money to spend on something fancy, but does anyone know of some equipment that could do this?

Also, which Samsung DVD models had this feature? Maybe I can find a used one on Audiogon or eBay.
  • 08-25-2004, 12:40 AM
    Tons of Fun
    It is for reasons unknown to most, a feature on the Cambridge Audio 540D. First section of the setup menu.