AR Newbie Registered Member

wave file sound recorded from mp3 to computer is soft

I got a file wave file voice recorded from mp3 and i downloaded to the computer.
    When i try to play from computer the voice file is very soft even i adjusted to the highest volume.

Please advise how shall i increase the sound to the loudest from the computer?
    equaliser? or any other method.

Thanks

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Now...

Quote Originally Posted by soundprob
    I got a file wave file voice recorded from mp3 and i downloaded to the computer.
    When i try to play from computer the voice file is very soft even i adjusted to the highest volume.

Please advise how shall i increase the sound to the loudest from the computer?
    equaliser? or any other method.

Thanks
    ...I don't know squat about this stuff, so I'm in essence also asking a question...but, isn't there some sort of input level setting required by the software for the best signal-to-noise ratio? Obviously it's signal-to-silence in this case, however the concept is quite the same.

jimHJJ(...or at least I think it is...)

P.S. I don't think there's much you can do after-the-fact...If you have recorded at too low a level, your recording is now fixed at that level...An equalizer is an equalizer...you are looking to amplify, which will require an amplifier somewhere in the playback chain...
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

IVB
    Forum Regular
    Are you playing back via the PC or via an external amp/receiver?

Thread Information