• 05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
    pkats
    Rega Planet 2000 - VERY NICE!
    Bought a Planet 2000 off Agon about a month ago without doing a home demo first. The improvement in sound was dramatic! Very deep soundstage with great richness and detail. I posted several months back looking for CDP suggestions and Dusty Chalk called it - for the price the Rega is outstanding! I home demoed an Arcam 72 for the same price and wasn't very impressed, while it did have a wider soundstage it didn't have the imaging, richness, and detail of the Planet. Also demoed an NAD 542 and that was not much better than my 14 yr old Technics that I was looking to replace. Bottom line: if you can find a Planet in good shape buy it!
  • 05-13-2007, 11:10 AM
    jrhymeammo
    Good post!

Sounds like a solid player based on what everybody says on this site, and now another one by you. Maybe you can keep the Technics as a transport for your 2nd system. I think Feanor uses it with an external DAC with great success.

Dusty has been missing... I think he gave up on audio, and started this Buddah like lifestyle. That damn red headed hippy.... Geez.

JRA
  • 05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
    basite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Dusty has been missing... I think he gave up on audio, and started this Buddah like lifestyle. That damn red headed hippy.... Geez.

JRA

dunno, he is still active on AK sometimes, but not that much...

and btw, Hiro, how's your technics tt doing?

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 05-13-2007, 04:15 PM
    Fergymunster
    Yeah,you can find good deals on the older Rega players as most are selling and going for the newer Apollo or Saturn.Enjoy your new used CD player.