Forum Regular

Problems with Talking Heads' DualDiscs & DVD-As

A couple of months ago I bought the new Talking Heads DualDiscs, "Fear of Music" and "Remain in Light." The CD sides of these discs play normally, but the DVD-A sides freeze and lock up my Yamaha DV-C6770.

Later on, I got the UK versions of these remasters which, as many of you know, were released in Europe as separate CD/DVD-A combos. Same problem with the DVD-A versions: they lock up my Yamaha.

Does anyone know what's going on with these remasters? I suspect it may have to do with a firmware upgrade on the Yamaha, but the company is not very forthcoming. The DV-C6770 carousel is touted as "the machine that plays anything that you throw at it." It definitely does not play the remastered Talking Heads DVD-As, and it also has problems with HDCD-encoded CDs. Then again, I wonder if there is a problem with the Talking Heads' DualDiscs/DVD-As themselves...

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieboy
    A couple of months ago I bought the new Talking Heads DualDiscs, "Fear of Music" and "Remain in Light." The CD sides of these discs play normally, but the DVD-A sides freeze and lock up my Yamaha DV-C6770.

Later on, I got the UK versions of these remasters which, as many of you know, were released in Europe as separate CD/DVD-A combos. Same problem with the DVD-A versions: they lock up my Yamaha.

Does anyone know what's going on with these remasters? I suspect it may have to do with a firmware upgrade on the Yamaha, but the company is not very forthcoming. The DV-C6770 carousel is touted as "the machine that plays anything that you throw at it." It definitely does not play the remastered Talking Heads DVD-As, and it also has problems with HDCD-encoded CDs. Then again, I wonder if there is a problem with the Talking Heads' DualDiscs/DVD-As themselves...
    Your DVD player doesn't like the music of the Talking Heads,That's all.

Thread Information