Norfi

Passive Amp & Speakers as alternative to Bx5a?suggestions Please

Hi Guys

since posting my original thread on this board..I have being looking closely at members posts and wider...& just thought as I had not 100% decided on Active speakers- to match to my Dell~Studio 17..that I may as well have a look at the world of Passive..Now I know very little of either..so be gentle.

If I were to go down the passive route
    1.would I have to spend a lot to get the same or slightly better result as with Active set up? IE BX5a....

I would be obliged for suggestions as to solid set up (passive) if felt worth while..

all the best Steve

suggestions Please

I use an AudioSource AMP 100 with a passive sub and wall-mount speakers. The site I linked is nowhere near the least expensive. It's more like an integrated amp than a power amp (as they've called it), given that it can detect and switch between two sources and it has volume and balance adjustment.

Norfi

many thanks

Hi there..
    many thanks for the very quick reply to my new posting..only just listed it...
    the amp looks fine..but it is weather I can get hold of the items here in Norway..or maybe some "B" Grade stuff or second hand....

We do not have Amazon Norway..I use Amazon UK but you have to watch the value as customs duty in Norway is very high!

all the best Steve

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk
    Hi there..
    many thanks for the very quick reply to my new posting..only just listed it...
    the amp looks fine..but it is weather I can get hold of the items here in Norway..or maybe some "B" Grade stuff or second hand....

We do not have Amazon Norway..I use Amazon UK but you have to watch the value as customs duty in Norway is very high!

all the best Steve
    Hey, slightly off topic but where are you in Norway? I spent some time in Kristiansand, Kragero, and Oslo a couple years ago. Awesome country for sure!

Norfi
    Hello From Norway....
    I live in Kristiansand...well now about 30 km outside..in the wilds..with 5 feet of snow -20 lovely..
    I am Englsih but moved here in 2002 later got married to Norwegain...I love Norway

all the best Steve

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk
    Hello From Norway....
    I live in Kristiansand...well now about 30 km outside..in the wilds..with 5 feet of snow -20 lovely..
    I am Englsih but moved here in 2002 later got married to Norwegain...I love Norway

all the best Steve
    Wow, I totally missed your hometown under your avatar. We befriended a Norwegian Opare working for friends of ours several years back. After meeting the whole family they continued to invite us for a stay. I had to go to Chippenham, UK for work and we side tripped to Norway for a long week.

The people we stayed with had their main house in Kristiansand, overlooking one of the Fiords, not far from the Zoo. Their backyard just dropped off a few thousand feet to the water. The Grandmother had a Cabin on the water at Foried which we spent a day. After several days in Kristiansand, we moved up to the waters edge in Kragero and stayed in the little home the Grandfather built and the girl's father grew up in. We took a boat ride all around all the little rock islands with beautiful vacation homes nestled in and even got to dock on one of them and eat lunch with friends of the family who lived out there permanently. After a few days there, we ventured back up to Oslo where the girl had an apartment a few miles from the main port area. We took the train from Oslo to the top of the mountain to Frogneseteren and had lunch in that old world restaurant at the end of the line after a brief stop off at the Holmenkollen 1952 Olympic Ski jumping area.

The shopping district in Kristiansand is pretty cool as well as the surrounding area.

Cheers!,

Brian

Thread Information