Forum Regular

Angry E-MU 0404 No Right Channel Sound

I have been totally vexed by this damn soundcard. I never had any problems until recently I tried to install another program for the sound (that came with the factory MSI motherboard). I did that so that I could try to use a microphone as I don't have a mixer. Not only did it not work, but it f****ed up my soundcard settings so that no matter what I do, I can't get the Right channel to work. I reinstalled the entire program, changed the configuration, made sure all cords are plugged in and nothing's muted - no use. The damn left channel will not work at all. I am going nuts because I can't waste so much time on this damn thing. Can anyone suggest some solutions?

Forum Regular
    ok, i fixed the problem. I have read the entire manual, but still don't get which presets are the best. I'm listening to classical music. Do you have any suggestions? I am already using ASIO output, but I don't know the difference between Inserts. Do they affect the quality of the sound? What about the presets like Digital Default, 44.1 Direct Output, 192 Music Listening? These seem to be some arcane settings.

Thread Information