Forum Regular

REGA PLANET's sinergy

Hello ,

I've read a thread at another AV forum and the poster has the same doubt I always had . He/she said that hates top-loadings CDPs but wants to use REGA MIRA 3 as Integrated , the problem is the sinergy PLANET / MIRA .

Is the PLANET a source so much needed if anyone wants to use MIRA 3 or CDPs like NADs ,ROTELs etc , would also be " sinergetics " ?

As my future upgrade will be to MIRA 3 and I don't want a top-loading I would like to decide about that sinergy issue .

Thank you all in advance ,

G. Smiley
    Last edited by G. Smiley; 08-13-2005 at 04:10 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Smiley
    Hello ,

I've read a thread at another AV forum and the poster has the same doubt I always had . He/she said that hates top-loadings CDPs but wants to use REGA MIRA 3 as Integrated , the problem is the sinergy PLANET / MIRA .

Is the PLANET a source so much needed if anyone wants to use MIRA 3 or CDPs like NADs ,ROTELs etc , would also be " sinergetics " ?

As my future upgrade will be to MIRA 3 and I don't want a top-loading I would like to decide about that sinergy issue .

G. Smiley
    Well, the Mira 3's input impedance specification is 10 kilohms, so most any decent CDpPlayer should be able to feed into that. Most preamps, integrated amps and receivers have an input impedance of over 10K, and most CDPs are spec'd to feed into a 10K load or greater.
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Smiley
    Hello ,

G. Smiley
    Most any cd player will work with most any amplifier - even many tube cd players today.

Synergy depends on the entire system not just two parts of it. Good manufactures know that all cd players don't sound alike or all properly working Amplifiers don't sound alike and Rega is one of the few who makes the whole audio chain turntables arms carts, cd players amps and speakers and probably have an idea of what they're going for.

The Rega planet is one of the more noteworthy players for sounding audibly different in the blind level matched listening session I did but truthfully being different is not necessarily better and it wasn't. On the other hand though I did like it subjectively with the Rega Mira and running Castel speakers than i did with the other Sony player. So it may be that the two were mated to off play the weaknessed and strengths of each unit to uniformally present a more palpable sound.

OTOH a Good cd player should likely travel well and better than other componants. Best is to give them a try and see what you like better.

Forum Regular
    Thank you both for the feedback . I'll give Planet a try and compare it with others non top-loading cdps .

Regards ,

G. Smiley

Thread Information