Music Hall C25.2 CD player Review

Well my Music Hall 25.2 CDP finally arrived so I thought I'd give a quick review.

The player has excellent build quality with an all metal case. It weighs about 14#'s.
    The sound is better than expected. It has a neutral sound to slightly bright. I'm using the AudioQuest Coral C/Q interconnects that came with it along with an AudiQuest AC15 power cord that was included at no extra cost. I'll have to see if it has a warmer sound with my M950i monstercable interconnects. The remote has a metal face plate with small buttons. The bottom of the remote is made of a rubberized plastic. It has a heavy feel to it but it still seems cheap. My only real beef with it is that you cannot turn the power off with the remote!

The imaging is excellent and the sound is very transparent. I dont see any weaknesses in the frequency response either. There was one review that stated it was a little weak in the midrange but I don't notice it, but it could be because of my Magnepans which excel in the midrange or due to the upgraded cables and power cords. (There was one professional review that stated the music was much fuller with an upgraded power cord verses the standard power cord, although I'm not a believer that power cords make much difference). The music seems to open up and make you feel like you are sitting in the middle of an orchestra giving you that live music feeling.

This CDP really exploits the power and sound of my Adcom receiver which at first did not seem like a big improvement over my JVC.

Other CDP compared to
    NAD 542
    Azure 640
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    Well my Music Hall 25.2 CDP finally arrived so I thought I'd give a quick review.

The player has excellent build quality with an all metal case. It weighs about 14#'s.
    The sound is better than expected. It has a neutral sound to slightly bright. I'm using the AudioQuest Coral C/Q interconnects that came with it along with an AudiQuest AC15 power cord that was included at no extra cost. I'll have to see if it has a warmer sound with my M950i monstercable interconnects. The remote has a metal face plate with small buttons. The bottom of the remote is made of a rubberized plastic. It has a heavy feel to it but it still seems cheap. My only real beef with it is that you cannot turn the power off with the remote!

The imaging is excellent and the sound is very transparent. I dont see any weaknesses in the frequency response either. There was one review that stated it was a little weak in the midrange but I don't notice it, but it could be because of my Magnepans which excel in the midrange or due to the upgraded cables and power cords. (There was one professional review that stated the music was much fuller with an upgraded power cord verses the standard power cord, although I'm not a believer that power cords make much difference). The music seems to open up and make you feel like you are sitting in the middle of an orchestra giving you that live music feeling.

This CDP really exploits the power and sound of my Adcom receiver which at first did not seem like a big improvement over my JVC.

Other CDP compared to
    NAD 542
    Azure 640
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Good I'm glad you like it.Let it warm up a bit before you draw to many conclustions.The nice thing with the MH is that you can always modify it down the the road.However,many claim that it sounds fine like it is.Happy listening

Thread Information