• 05-14-2004, 06:08 PM
    Poss
    Mtrycraft IS NOT an idiot...
    No , this is not intended to be an attention grabber, but merely a collection of thoughts and observations (readily verifiable going well over 4 years back) which will draw to a conclusion further down below. Also this is NOT an attack on this proeminent forum member. I strongly believe he cannot be attacked anyway...
    Here goes:

1. For at least 4 years he never showed any trace of emotion. He doesn't hate his "adversaries" nor love any of his "followers"; usually just acknowledges SOME of the people posting here and that's about all. Nobody actually knows anything about him, not even which kind of music moves him (this is ultimately a forum about music right?). As such all of his posts are devoid of happyness or saddness or care or anything even remotely emotional. Heck we don't even know the gender of the person.

2. Any reference to any personal experiences is completely absent on his posts.

3. As a corollary he constantly digests and regurgitates little bits and pieces of information provided by other people (I wonder what Klaus is doing nowadays) or publications that share the same frame of argument he has. Some of those bits and pieces are sometimes just as inept as the ones people on the other side of the argument provide but he's only counting sides not the actual validity of the information. Indeed his logic apears to be quite binary to the outside world.

4. His posts are highly repetitive. There is indeed a little bit of a randomness seed apparent, however his posts do not manage to get out from a well known (by now) pool of common words that sometimes go together to form also quite repetitive "catch" phrases.

5. His posts are never long or explanatory. As such they contain really little new or usable information beyond the usual old snippets. Some people know how long those snippets stretch back into the history of this forum and most will be able to predict his answers with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

6. An exception to # 5 is extremely long posts that usually are just cut and paste from those bits and pieces I reffered to on # 3 so that's not an exception really. (I still wonder what Klaus is doing nowadays).

Let's recap briefly:

1. No shown emotions.
    2. No personal experiences or refferences to such experiences.
    3. Binary logic. Selection based on class not on content.
    4. Repetitive. Compilable (with relative ease) list of words and "catch phrases".
    5. Short, non explanatory posts based on #3 and #4.
    6. Cut and paste. Lack of personal effort in the posts.

My personal conclusion is Mtrycrafts (remember that too) is a posting bot, the work of a brilliant but terminally bored programmer with too much time on his hands during the big dotcom bubble, who laughed (and probably still does) at all the tentative work to make his bot give away the components he owns, the music he really likes or the personal experiences he had with gear, parameters simply and deliberately ommitted from his programming just to spite the so called "subjectivist" crowd.

It is not too farfetched to imagine the said programmer owning some of the most esoteric (and at times poorly engineered) pieces of equipment out there including a pair of Kimber Black Pearl speaker cables.

That's all... Thank you for your attention.

Peace!

P.S. "Life is Beautiful"
  • 05-14-2004, 07:41 PM
    Pat D
    That's pretty far out, Poss!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Poss
    No , this is not intended to be an attention grabber, but merely a collection of thoughts and observations (readily verifiable going well over 4 years back) which will draw to a conclusion further down below. Also this is NOT an attack on this proeminent forum member. I strongly believe he cannot be attacked anyway...
    Here goes:

1. For at least 4 years he never showed any trace of emotion. He doesn't hate his "adversaries" nor love any of his "followers"; usually just acknowledges SOME of the people posting here and that's about all. Nobody actually knows anything about him, not even which kind of music moves him (this is ultimately a forum about music right?). As such all of his posts are devoid of happyness or saddness or care or anything even remotely emotional. Heck we don't even know the gender of the person.

2. Any reference to any personal experiences is completely absent on his posts.

3. As a corollary he constantly digests and regurgitates little bits and pieces of information provided by other people (I wonder what Klaus is doing nowadays) or publications that share the same frame of argument he has. Some of those bits and pieces are sometimes just as inept as the ones people on the other side of the argument provide but he's only counting sides not the actual validity of the information. Indeed his logic apears to be quite binary to the outside world.

4. His posts are highly repetitive. There is indeed a little bit of a randomness seed apparent, however his posts do not manage to get out from a well known (by now) pool of common words that sometimes go together to form also quite repetitive "catch" phrases.

5. His posts are never long or explanatory. As such they contain really little new or usable information beyond the usual old snippets. Some people know how long those snippets stretch back into the history of this forum and most will be able to predict his answers with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

6. An exception to # 5 is extremely long posts that usually are just cut and paste from those bits and pieces I reffered to on # 3 so that's not an exception really. (I still wonder what Klaus is doing nowadays).

Let's recap briefly:

1. No shown emotions.
    2. No personal experiences or refferences to such experiences.
    3. Binary logic. Selection based on class not on content.
    4. Repetitive. Compilable (with relative ease) list of words and "catch phrases".
    5. Short, non explanatory posts based on #3 and #4.
    6. Cut and paste. Lack of personal effort in the posts.

My personal conclusion is Mtrycrafts (remember that too) is a posting bot, the work of a brilliant but terminally bored programmer with too much time on his hands during the big dotcom bubble, who laughed (and probably still does) at all the tentative work to make his bot give away the components he owns, the music he really likes or the personal experiences he had with gear, parameters simply and deliberately ommitted from his programming just to spite the so called "subjectivist" crowd.

It is not too farfetched to imagine the said programmer owning some of the most esoteric (and at times poorly engineered) pieces of equipment out there including a pair of Kimber Black Pearl speaker cables.

That's all... Thank you for your attention.

Peace!

P.S. "Life is Beautiful"

Whew! That shows how wrong one can be when one speculates from incomplete evidence using God only knows what principles of explanation! Far out, man!;)

Actually, mtry can be quite helpful and I think most people would find him to be a nice person. But I'm much better looking than he is!
  • 05-14-2004, 08:19 PM
    Poss
    A citizen arrest in order?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat D
    Whew! That shows how wrong one can be when one speculates from incomplete evidence using God only knows what principles of explanation! Far out, man!;)

Actually, mtry can be quite helpful and I think most people would find him to be a nice person. But I'm much better looking than he is!

Pat, helpful is helping people understand the issues not slapping their face with them. Helpful is saying "Hey -insert name here- I've gave this -insert type and brand of gear here- a listen. It's well put together and sounds quite nice (at least to my old ears it does). Not too shabby for -insert price lower than $200 here-". That's helpful. A little personal advice from a personal experience. A little bit of thought and effort put into all this. Something that shows a human being behind the posting, something a REAL person could relate to.

Actually "most people would find him to be a nice person" is what they usually say about people like the Son of Sam don't they?

And Pat, if you were not better looking than a string of zeroes and ones I must admit you must had been really... I don't know.... digital? (maybe?) :-).

Have a nice weekend man!

Peace!
  • 05-14-2004, 09:42 PM
    okiemax
    MOST AMAZING! Yes, this is by far the most amazing post I have ever seen on the Cable Forum. It boggles the mind to think of mtrycraft as a closet Golden Ears. Of course, he would never admit it. Perhaps he is a well know audiophile personality. Could it be mtrycraft in the photo on the following link?

http://www.stereotimes.com/harry_pearson.htm