meridian 588

Printable View

• 04-19-2004, 11:32 PM
    nusiclover
    meridian 588
    can anyone tell me how good this player is?
    thanks.
    i like tube sound. i like warm, musical sounds.
  • 04-20-2004, 09:03 PM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nusiclover
    can anyone tell me how good this player is?
    thanks.
    i like tube sound. i like warm, musical sounds.

Use tone controls. Use a speaker that rolls of the upper end and you will get war sound. I doubt Meridian would design a euphonic component.
  • 04-20-2004, 09:24 PM
    hertz
    The terms warm and musical is misused so badly in audio
    The terms warm and musical is misused so badly in audio.If you delibrately looking for rolled off highs, you can just use your tone controls.But if you are looking for natural and uncolored sound then you need a natural sounding cd player.The meridian should be fine.But then all your other components including cables should match.Room treatment and speaker setup has a big role in the character of the sound reproduced.Don't ignore this.A natural sounding music system in a shrill room is a disaster.
  • 04-20-2004, 10:50 PM
    nusiclover
    please can you elaborate on the meridian 588 cd player?
    i have dynaudio 52se speakers and a musical fidelity a3.2 integrated amp. tara labs interconnects.
    thanks.
  • 04-21-2004, 09:09 PM
    hertz
    meridian
    I am not very familiar with this model.But given the reputation of meridian, you won't go wrong. In fact most decent cd players by reputed (not mass commercial) companies should do fine.The difference in quality with cd players after a certain price point is negligible.The difference won't even be audiable in most setups.