• 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM
    nobb
    M-Audio Rev 7.1 AND Audigy 2 zs makes crackle/click noises
    Hey
    I've bought the Audigy 2 ZS and noticed that it made crackling/clicking noises during music playback. I read Creative's forums and it seems like this is a common problem. Therefore, I exchanged my Audigy for an M-Audio Revolution 7.1. But even with this card, I am noticing the same problem (clicks occur less frequently though). I have already tried to update/reinstall drivers, change PCI slots, and even disabling my onboard AC'97 sound. My music files are perfectly fine and I have never had this problem with my onboard sound. Could you all please help me solve my problem soon (within 6 days, or else I can't return the product for a full refund). I am really desperate and if this problem keeps occuring, then I may have to revert back to onboard sound. Thanks in advance.
  • 08-20-2005, 12:16 PM
    ooominhooo
    I think it maybe type of motherboard you have. Most motherboards that have a VIA chipset have problems processing audio and there for you'll get crackling/clicking noises during playback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobb
    Hey
    I've bought the Audigy 2 ZS and noticed that it made crackling/clicking noises during music playback. I read Creative's forums and it seems like this is a common problem. Therefore, I exchanged my Audigy for an M-Audio Revolution 7.1. But even with this card, I am noticing the same problem (clicks occur less frequently though). I have already tried to update/reinstall drivers, change PCI slots, and even disabling my onboard AC'97 sound. My music files are perfectly fine and I have never had this problem with my onboard sound. Could you all please help me solve my problem soon (within 6 days, or else I can't return the product for a full refund). I am really desperate and if this problem keeps occuring, then I may have to revert back to onboard sound. Thanks in advance.

• 08-20-2005, 05:33 PM
    AudioInfinity
    I Dunno...
    I have a P4 2.4GHz w/512MB Rambus memory and an Intel D850EMV2 m/b. I get the click on about 1/3 of the songs. I think it has to do with how they're encoded. But, I could be wrong... ;)
  • 11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
    bacchanal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ooominhooo
    I think it maybe type of motherboard you have. Most motherboards that have a VIA chipset have problems processing audio and there for you'll get crackling/clicking noises during playback.

I think the VIA problem was mostly with some pretty old chipsets (like the KT266 or somewhere around there) and the first generation audigy products. They did not work well together at all. However, I've had no audio problems with the KT333, KT600 ect on various motherboards.