Forum Regular

looking for a good dvd p[layer

Looking for a good dvd player for around $200.00 to go with my yamaha receiver and paradigm speakers, i have a sony dvd now but its about 4 years old and been having problems with its sound. So i just want to buy a new one.

Lightbulb good dvd

Quote Originally Posted by madmax1
    Looking for a good dvd player for around $200.00 to go with my yamaha receiver and paradigm speakers, i have a sony dvd now but its about 4 years old and been having problems with its sound. So i just want to buy a new one.
    DID YOU EVER CLEAN THE LENS ON YOUR DVD ,YOU CLEAN YOUR CD AND DVD MOVIES WHEN DIRTY? THE LENS THAT READS THE INFORMATION DOES GET DIRTY ! IF IT DOES'NT WORK BUY A GOOD PROGRESSIVE SCAN DVD THAT READS THE MOST FORMAT MP3, JPEG ,ETC ECT JVC ,SONY,PANASONIC ARE ALL GOOD !THERE ALWAYS SALE AROUND XMAS AND THEIR CLEARING OUT OLD PRODUCT (THIS IS SAME FOR ALL AUDIO PRODUCT) GOOD LUCK !PAT.P

Do you have a Best Buy around? They have the Pioneer DV578A universal player on clearance for $99. My friend is using it with Paradigm Monitor 7s and NAD and it sounds pretty darn good. He played a Santana DVD-A and the sound quality was pretty impressive. CD playback seemed good as did SACD; DVD concerts were nice too. My local Hi Fi shop really likes the Sony DVP-NC685V, they said it was a Giant killer in SACD and CD playback. You can get it for right around $200, see below (msrp $299). I advise you to stay away from the inexpensive Sony models, my friend mentioned above experimented with them and they are junk. My HiFi dealer will not carry them either.
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...rch=Dvp-NC685V

I am also very fond of this unit, DVD795SA, which is a DVD/CD/SACD changer based on the Philips DVD963SA.I own the DVD963SA and the audio quality is very good indeed. It sports CD upsampling (found on some very expensive CDPs) like my 963 does. I sold my dedicated Rotel CD player when I got this Philips, put it that way. Audioadvisor has it for $149 + shipping.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...ku=PHIDVD795SA
    Dynaudio Audience 60
    Audio Refinement Complete Integrated
    Sony DVP-NC685V CD/SACD/DVD
    Audioquest Viper Interconnect
    14AWG OFC Speaker cable

"hey dreaming it up accounts for half the fun - and time"

Thread Information