Forum Regular

Has anybody used a Plam or Handhelp PC for audio?

Hi
    I would like a unit that can read my CDs and store them to an internal hard drive. The unit has to have a remote control to allow me to access any track in my collection from the remote. Yamaha has a CD player with hard drive in it but it costs about $1700. so i wonder if i could use a Palm or hand held pc with external USB hard drive and usb CD drive to do the same thing. I know i can use a full PC but i want a separate dedicated unit to handle this. Something that is quick to power up. Like a cd player.
    I have never had a palm or handheld pc so i do not know there capabilities.
    Any thoughts?

kev

Forum Regular
    I dont think they have external hard drives for palms or pocket PCs. They do use Compact Flash or SD cards but they only go up to 2 gigs, and i dont think there are programs for handhelds to convert to mp3's. I use my computer to convert to mp3 and then upload to the pocket PC, which comes with a compact version of Windows Media Player. Pretty much like making it into an mp3 player I guess, but you can scroll through the list of songs and select the one you want. Its not remote though, you need a wire from the pocket pc to the reciever/amplifier.

Thread Information